Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Downtown MoJoe Lounge / Cup O Joe

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Downtown MoJoe Lounge / Cup O Joe

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

JAL
    Participant

It looks like the new Cup O Joe/Mo Joe lounge in the Larzarus Building across from Columbus Commons is just about completed. I looked in to the space tonight and all the tables and chairs are in place and the outside patio has been built and railing is up. The table and chairs for the patio are also stacked just inside the door ready to go. It will definitely be a great addition to the area.

hungrywoolf
    Participant

Also drove by tonight. It looks great. Last Friday they said they were expecting to open in two weeks.

hungrywoolf
    Participant

Looks like it’s opening on Monday. Saw something on twitter about free coffee on Monday

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Yeah, spoke to Mark about it today. More details about the opening events coming soon. :D

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Core_Models

Hope it doesn’t suck as much as the GV Mojoe.

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

It’s really beautiful in there. I’m so excited about this new addition to downtown. It’s exactly what the park across the street needs, a nice stop for coffee and a bagel. Congrats to the MoJoe team!

Core_Models

lizless said:
    It’s really beautiful in there. I’m so excited about this new addition to downtown. It’s exactly what the park across the street needs, a nice stop for coffee and a bagel. Congrats to the MoJoe team!

I’ll take LL’s recommend for sure. I love the cap location, I’ve just been remarkably disappointed in the one in GV.

swansonguy
    Participant

I would love to hear from you if you have had a bad experience at any of our stores. My email is [email protected].

Core_Models

swansonguy said:
    I would love to hear from you if you have had a bad experience at any of our stores. My email is [email protected].

Mark:

Not so much a bad experience, it just isn’t a fun spot compared to the cap location. Its a combination that is probably out of your hands, as some of it has to do with the crowd itself. I don’t want you to think I’m bashing the company or the bar with a big hammer, I just think the GV location didn’t live up to my expectations (again, MY expectations, very personal thing). All the best for the new spot.

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

Thrilled that there is a new MoJoe, and that it is in such a terrific spot. Thanks for investing in Downtown Columbus, MoJoe!

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

Core_Models said:
    I’ll take LL’s recommend for sure. I love the cap location, I’ve just been remarkably disappointed in the one in GV.

Core, GV Mojoe has a new chef and the food is really good, it’s quickly become one of my new favorite lunch spots. I like the back dining area, it’s private and a bit more quiet and the service is really good. Not sure the last time you’ve been in, I’ve just started regularly going there recently and really like it. I work on the Whittier Peninsula a few days a week and Mojoe has quickly become a regular lunch stop for me and my crew.

Regarding the downtown location, it’s exactly what the park needs. I’m really happy that a local coffee shop went in instead of a chain. As lovely as the space is, I know they’ll do great.

Core_Models

I will certainly give it a second look via your reco LL. Lunch, I’ve always dug the place…in fact prior to the change, years ago, they offered a chicken salad croissant which was possibly the best thing I’ve ever eated.

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

They now have a pulled pork sandwich made from locally sourced pork. That’s been my go to lately. Salads are always high quality too.

Core_Models

lizless said:
    They now have a pulled pork sandwich made from locally sourced pork. That’s been my go to lately. Salads are always high quality too.

…ok, sold. I was so craving pulled pork the other day the new White Castle commercial was making me hungry.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION