Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The View on High - Mixed Use Development on Site of North Campus Wendy's

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development The View on High – Mixed Use Development on Site of North Campus Wendy's

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 139 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

New construction photos! Love that Wendy’s-Red color of the insulation. ;)

PHOTOS: https://www.columbusunderground.com/construction-roundup-october-2014-part-2

Pablo
    Participant

Looks like they’re building a right in/right out intersection at 18th and High.

Untitled

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Yeesh. Dangerous for pedestrians, but I guess it’s not a whole lot different from the two separate in/out cuts that the former suburban-style Wendy’s had for their drive-thru.

Pablo
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Pablo wrote:</div>

Yeesh. Dangerous for pedestrians, but I guess it’s not a whole lot different from the two separate in/out cuts that the former suburban-style Wendy’s had for their drive-thru.

It looks to be slightly smaller than the RI/RO at the Kroger at 7th. I think it’s interesting since these streets have been cut off from High since the late ’70s. There’s been talk about opening up more side streets in the future.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

It looks to be slightly smaller than the RI/RO at the Kroger at 7th. I think it’s interesting since these streets have been cut off from High since the late ’70s. There’s been talk about opening up more side streets in the future.

Well, hopefully if they open up more of them they do it as alleyways with proper crosswalks or even lights/signals for better traffic/pedestrian flow.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

StateofDevotion
    Participant

Visual updates like this and the urban development year in review are blowing my mind. It’s exciting to see the gaps closing on both sides of High Street from downtown to north of campus. We returned to Ohio from Chicago in 2002 and the changes in Columbus since then are nothing short of incredible. I’m an optimist but if you told me most of the ideas proposed on this very messageboard would come true within a decade I would laugh. Now if we could just get a street car on High Street we could have our own Magnificent Mile…

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I’m an optimist but if you told me most of the ideas proposed on this very messageboard would come true within a decade I would laugh.

Heh. It’s almost like public opinion has an impact on the future and that developers build what people (customers) demand! ;)

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Heh. It’s almost like public opinion has an impact on the future and that developers build what people (customers) demand! ;)*

*except in Clintonville ;)

OneBagTravel
    Participant

BTW, how many “The View”s are there going up right now? I also know of the one on W 5th Ave. Is this a new development company or a rebrand of another?

Edit: never mind, found my answer on this very site!
    https://www.columbusunderground.com/project-update-view-on-high-and-view-on-fifth-bw1

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

New photos from this weekend…

FROM HERE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/construction-roundup-december-2014

is there a Lowes or Home Deport there, is there a there there???? anywhere USA baby!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

is there a Lowes or Home Deport there, is there a there there???? anywhere USA baby!

Last time I checked, both Lowes and Home Deport (sp) have massive parking lots out front.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 139 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: