Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The View on High - Mixed Use Development on Site of North Campus Wendy's

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development The View on High – Mixed Use Development on Site of North Campus Wendy's

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 139 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

LATFJoss said:
    I guess I’ll have some fancy, shiny surroundings when I get my Buckeye Donuts then!

You can always go to the Merion Village location if you want to kick it old school with your donuts. :D

mrpoppinzs

RhondaH said:
    Yep, it is practically a no-brainer with its location. I imagine one day McDonalds will have the guts to give up its High St campus parking lot and do the same.

It will be a good thing to see and it looks like the dominoes are falling. I had heard that lack of parking lots and drive thru’s are what keeps the bulk of fast food chains from coming back to downtown (which I have no complaints about). It is nice to see that Campus is dense and 24/7 enough to beat that.

bucki12

RhondaH said:
    At one point, I used to live right behind it. Last I heard the tiny one room efficiencies (with shared kitchens) at the Ohio Stater Apartments were going for $725 a month. I can see the Wendy’s franchise owner wanting a piece of that.

Lol, that place is like living in an egg crate.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

dubdave00 said:
    I’m concerned about the impact this will all have on the towing companies. ;-)

no more parking for #1 Chinese ;)

bayrea
    Participant

Renting an apt above Wendy’s should be added to the “this is how you get fat” thread…

billbix

dubdave00 said:
    I’m concerned about the impact this will all have on the towing companies. ;-)

The company that leased OSU parking lots for $500 million just doubled the short term parking rates. I guess the sooner the temptation to park at Wendy’s or Mc D’s is gone the better.

InnerCore
    Participant

This is a great design. A bit too many parking spaces but overall a great design.

I really hope other developers are taking notice. The people renting in a building like this are going to be your customers after graduation.

Josh Lapp
    Josh Lapp
    Participant

I’m hoping the UARB doesn’t hold this up. Many a good development have been delayed/killed by that process.

Josh Lapp
    Josh Lapp
    Participant

InnerCore said:
    This is a great design. A bit to many parking spaces but overall a great design.

I really hope other developers are taking notice. The people renting in a building like this are going to be your customers after graduation.

Part of the problem is that developers in the n’hood frequently request less parking and the UARB frequently responds that there is not enough.

mrpoppinzs

It is a very nice design, I hope it moves forward quickly.

columbusmike
    Participant

joshlapp said:
    Part of the problem is that developers in the n’hood frequently request less parking and the UARB frequently responds that there is not enough.

Yes, the UARB needs to back off their ridiculous parking requirements. Those insane requirements seem to have all but killed the nice project on Lane Ave near Tommy’s…

jbcmh81
    Participant

billbix said:
    The company that leased OSU parking lots for $500 million just doubled the short term parking rates. I guess the sooner the temptation to park at Wendy’s or Mc D’s is gone the better.

When I read about the rate hikes, I was thinking it could spur more demand for transit in the area… and then projects like this removing more surface parking only seems to work to help that even though it wasn’t actually a free lot.

leftovers

Wow, this will be a huge improvement! Way to go Wendy’s!

mrmann

RhondaH said:
    Yep, it is practically a no-brainer with its location. I imagine one day McDonalds will have the guts to give up its High St campus parking lot and do the same.

The owner of the Short North White Castle could make a fortune if they followed suite.

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

mrmann said:
    The owner of the Short North White Castle could make a fortune if they followed suite.

And UDF. And Donatos. And that vacant gravel “parking lot” nearby.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 139 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: