Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The View on High - Mixed Use Development on Site of North Campus Wendy's

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development The View on High – Mixed Use Development on Site of North Campus Wendy's

This topic contains 138 replies, has 48 voices, and was last updated by dalias dalias 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 139 total)
  • Author

heresthecasey
    Participant

Noticed this item on the agenda for tomorrow’s UARB meeting:

Quote:
    Application for Zoning, Code Enforcement and/or Conceptual Review

2020 North High Street Mixed Use Development

Bhakti Bania (BBCO Design)

conceptual review of development proposal

2020 North High is currently the home of a very suburban-style Wendy’s which occupies a large, prime lot right at Woodruff/High.

BBCO Design is also the architect for the new Jeffrey Place development.

There’s not much detail on the agenda at all however, so I was wondering if anyone had any info about this?

Or maybe would be in attendance tomorrow and could fill us in afterward? ;)

http://development.columbus.gov/uploadedFiles/Development/Planning_Division/Boards_and_Commissions/University_Area_Review_Board/Meetings/2013/AGENDA201302.pdf

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Heard some light details 2 weeks ago. We’ve got Brent on the case of researching what is proposed! ;)

surber17
    Participant

i saw them digging in front of it a couple days ago! Very interesting.

bucki12

I thought it was crazy that they were able to get a drive thru built on busy, busy High St, but I guess White Castle in the SN also has one. Times have changed.

It will be interesting to see what gets built and if a Wendy’s has a place in it. It is a great location and Wendy’s is updating to their new store concept. A modern mixed use apartment building would be a nice addition.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

spent many a hazy moments in that building.

RhondaH

At one point, I used to live right behind it. Last I heard the tiny one room efficiencies (with shared kitchens) at the Ohio Stater Apartments were going for $725 a month. I can see the Wendy’s franchise owner wanting a piece of that.

surber17
    Participant

I really don’t know what student wouldn’t want to live right on High Street. If you could get 5-6 stories of studios/1 bedrooms I’m sure they would rent quickly.

Pablo
    Participant

Interesting. I noticed the drilling rig in the parking lot taking soil borings. At one time there was a plan to align Woodruff through the north side of the Wendy’s parking lot (keeping the building to the north intact).

RhondaH

It also is a little bit better of an area than a couple of blocks south (more of a north campus feel). It was a great place to be on OSU gamedays if you are in to that thing.

surber17
    Participant

Actually, thinking about it ….. 2 or 3 bedrooms prob. make more money and cost less to build. They only need one kitchen per 3 bedrooms.

News
    Participant

Mixed-use Development Proposed at Site of Campus Wendy’s
    Published on February 28, 2013 2:15 pm
    By: Brent Warren

Two local developers are interested in constructing a five-story mixed-use building at the current site of the Wendy’s at 18th and High. Solove Real Estate, in partnership with Celmark Development, will present the project for conceptual review at a meeting of the University Area Review Board tonight.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/mixed-use-development-proposed-at-site-of-campus-wendys-bw1

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Looks like a much better use of the site than what’s there now! ;)

RhondaH

Yep, it is practically a no-brainer with its location. I imagine one day McDonalds will have the guts to give up its High St campus parking lot and do the same.

LATFJoss

I guess I’ll have some fancy, shiny surroundings when I get my Buckeye Donuts then!

dubdave00
    Participant

RhondaH said:
    Yep, it is practically a no-brainer with its location. I imagine one day McDonalds will have the guts to give up its High St campus parking lot and do the same.

I’m concerned about the impact this will all have on the towing companies. ;-)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 139 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.