Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Millennial Tower

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Millennial Tower

This topic contains 29 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by MichaelC MichaelC 3 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Mike88
    Participant

This is incredibly exciting. 25 stories is nothing to sneeze at.

Now let’s just work on that name…

ohbr
    Participant

yeah… that name…. I’ll support the name if there is a GenX tower and Baby Boomer tower… otherwise, a petition for a name change sounds good.

wpcc88
    Participant

Isn’t Arshot the same developer that’s in charge of Cooper Stadium?

WJT
    Participant

They can name it the spoiledrichtrustfundsh*t tower and I would not care as long as it gets built. Names can change.

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

Yes. They are also responsible for many strong builds downtown.

ohbr
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>wpcc88 wrote:</div>

Yes. They are also responsible for many strong builds downtown.

I’ll reiterate what I said in the article

As for the other projects, I had not realized Arshot was behind those. My Bad. Regardless, it is not unreasonable to be cautiously optimistic when one of their largest projects is years upon years delayed with a promise that something is coming. When they throw out another ambitious project with an equally ambitious deadline for completion, one can be understandably skeptical.

Just like the projects across from Highpoint, you can have a large portfolio of successes, but you mess up a large, visible, well praised project and your reputation, understandably so, is going to take a hit.

mbeaumont
    Participant

I feel like a green wall would work better than those video screens on the exterior. Those will be heavily dependent on the programming. If they’re abstract like in the renderings they could work, but they better commission some really solid video/design work for them in that case.

Hell, Spacejunk would be a great fit for that! ;)

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

Just like the projects across from Highpoint, you can have a large portfolio of successes, but you mess up a large, visible, well praised project and your reputation, understandably so, is going to take a hit.

Won’t argue with that!

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

I feel like a green wall would work better than those video screens on the exterior. Those will be heavily dependent on the programming. If they’re abstract like in the renderings they could work, but they better commission some really solid video/design work for them in that case.

Hell, Spacejunk would be a great fit for that! ;)

They would. They do great work. :)

WJT
    Participant

The problem with green walls in Central Ohio is that very few things that could be incorporated into a green wall stay green for more than 6-7 months of the year. The other months you have a brown dead looking wall. Even a mass of the hardiest English Ivy would brown out/windburn in an exposed location on a building.

traviscols
    Participant

These kind of developments are exactly what downtown is starving for.
    I couldn’t be more excited about it.

Hopefully this is just the beginning of more of a aggressive type of architecture for downtown.

I just hope it doesn’t get shortened. I like it just the way it is (unless they want to go taller).

mbeaumont
    Participant

The problem with green walls in Central Ohio is that very few things that could be incorporated into a green wall stay green for more than 6-7 months of the year. The other months you have a brown dead looking wall. Even a mass of the hardiest English Ivy would brown out/windburn in an exposed location on a building.

Good point. I already have some visual ideas for those screens. Would love to see something like this:

https://cre.tech/san-francisco-high-rise-unveils-public-art-installation-featuring-led-video-wall/

Analogue Kid
    Participant

Piling on to say great concept, horrible name.

wpcc88
    Participant

Won’t argue with that!

I won’t either as I’ve been one of the few to give LC the benefit of the doubt.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.