Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Milestone 229 at The Scioto Mile

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Milestone 229 at The Scioto Mile

This topic contains 36 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  bjones2585 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author

bjones2585

Hey I know I don’t post on here a ton, but I do READ a lot on CU, so I figured I’d chime in with some news on the new Milestone 229 in the Scioto Mile. I haven’t seen much about it since the initial news of the bid winning.

I got a chance to dine there at the practice dinner tonight and had an amazing time. We got to go ahead and see the light/fountain show for the grand opening tomorrow and I don’t think anyone will be anything other than impressed! ;) Anyway, the food was great, the service spectacular, and I think it might have Barcelona beat in my book for best patio in Columbus. Definitely THE place to watch Red White and Boom next summer. They said they will be offering complimentary valet for lunch, plus it’s in walking distance from downtown, so I think it’s a great addition to the waterfront (and might I add, an impressive place for a business lunch). I’m excited to see how they will be incorporated into the events that go on in the new park, and have a few meal suggestions if anyone is thinking about hitting it up =) I will definitely be back soon!

Hehe that sounded a little bit advertise-y, I promise, it’s only my plug for it =) I’ve been really excited about the Scioto Mile development since it began, and it’s nice to finally see parts of it coming to frution.

bjones2585

A few quick photos of the restaurant! The view…!

News
    Participant

Location everything for restaurant
    Thursday, July 7, 2011 03:22 AM
    BY TRACY TURNER
    The Columbus Dispatch

A floor-to-ceiling glass wall stretches 80 feet around its front, and a covered patio expands the views.

It’s “one of the most magnificent views of the riverfront, the city skyline and the one-of-a-kind fountain,” said Guy Worley, president and CEO of Columbus Downtown Development Corp., which developed the Scioto Mile riverfront area.

READ MORE: http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/weekender/stories/2011/07/07/location-everything-for-restaurant.html?sid=101

hungrywoolf
    Participant

The setting really is stunning. Here are some more photos[/url] (we also attended one of the preview nights).

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Sweet pics, B. I’m pretty excited to try this place out. I love that their entire draft list is made of Ohio beers. What cocktails did you try?

Twixlen
    Participant

Wow. The space looks tremendous and that patio is *so* great. I’m definitely looking forward to checking it out.

And the fountain! Those light rings are so retro-space-Jetsons. Which means I *love* them.

hungrywoolf
    Participant

osulew said:
    Sweet pics, B. I’m pretty excited to try this place out. I love that their entire draft list is made of Ohio beers. What cocktails did you try?

They have 1 non Ohio beer – Bell’s Oberon.

Cocktails – I had the black and blue mojito which I liked, light and refreshing. Nice thirst quencher on a hot evening.
    I also had the Sangria (made with pinot grigio I think) which I thought was a little too sweet.
    Also tried a sip of the Greensleeves which I liked a lot.

drew
    Participant

The space really is great, and the views from the patio are exceptional. They give you a vantage point on Columbus that makes it feel like you’re somehow in a much larger city.

The food was reasonably solid, every bit as good as CBC, but the real draw for me was in sipping cocktails on the patio while watching the sun go down and then tipsily wandering through the cooling fog in the adjacent water sculpture area.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Oh yeah…the Oberon slipped right past my radar.

drew…I love sipping cocktails outside and wandering tipsily! That’s my favorite passtime. Sold. ;)

DavidF
    Participant

Sounds like a CU happy hour is in order!

hungrywoolf
    Participant

I noticed that they are doing restaurant week, July 18-23. Here’s the menu.[/url]

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

DavidF said:
    Sounds like a CU happy hour is in order!

Tonight! ;)

Ha… yeah, will definitely get in touch with them to do something while it’s still warm out!

bjones2585

My friends tried a few of the cocktails, it was noted that the Strawberry Basil Gimlet was the fave. I had the Honey Lemonade which was phenomenal =) I guess I’ll have to post some photos of food when I get home. =)I’m completely down with attending a happy hour there !!

bjones2585

or now…Food photos! wingsskillet mac3 little pigs with sweet potato friesbrat sandwich!

We also had the calamari and the cookies with the milkshake for dessert (to die for!) but those photos didn’t turn out. They are still working on lighting for the patio, it got a little dark for photos…I see there are plenty elsewhere =)

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

I posted this on the Scioto Mile thread, but I thought I’d post it here too…with some additions :)

Checked out Milestone 229 last night. We got to sit on the patio, I had some very very tasty summer cocktails. The weather was perfect for fountain people watching. Dinner was tasty, but nothing revolutionary…but I’d return. The greensleeves was a great summer drink, and those Milestone Margaritas have a fantastically vicious amount of Patron in them. Oy. :) The calamari was really, really good. The batter was thin and tempura-like and not at all greasy. I wasn’t in the mood for anything heavy as I was going for more of a liquid dinner, but I had the sirloin salad and it was pretty good. My dinner companion had the pulled pork pizza which looked tasty, but I didn’t steal a sample.

My only issue is that it is in no way ok for the restaurant to allow children (or anyone for that matter) inside in wet swimwear. There was one wet 2-3ish year old at the bar on a bar stool with her parent, and it completely grossed me out. That restaurant is too nice a space to allow that. There’s no reason folks can’t change into something dry and decent in the bathrooms outside before coming in. Your squirmy, stinky wet toddler flinging fountain water anywhere near my cocktails is not ok.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.