Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Microsoft HoloLens

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Microsoft HoloLens

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

For the first time ever, Microsoft HoloLens seamlessly blends high-definition holograms with your real world. Holograms will improve the way you do things every day, and enable you to do things you’ve never done before.

JMan
    Participant

Truly amazing and revolutionary. I’m a digital artist, and work with digital 3D ( mostly still life, see attached), but I’ve never seen anything like this. Wow!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

It will be interesting to see if it works anywhere near what is being shown in the video. Obviously, the video was “faked” to demonstrate what it should/could look like. It’s not like they stuck a pair of glasses on the video camera lens to make that. ;)

So… what becomes of the recently discontinued Google Glass?

http://www.theonion.com/articles/unsold-google-glass-units-to-be-donated-to-asshole,37798/

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

This technology is mind-boggling.

OneBagTravel
    Participant

It will be interesting to see if it works anywhere near what is being shown in the video.

This was my first thought. Great a concept video. Google glasses had the same futuristic demo too. Not to sound pessimistic but I’ll be impressed when it’s demoed and ready for resale

JMan
    Participant

Here is: Roman Horse 3. Thanks for looking.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

My favorite hologram: “Help me Obi Wan Kenobi. You are my only hope.”

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

I had a chance to use the OCULUS RIFT headset last year. It was interesting. The resolution was very low.

mbeaumont
    Participant

My brother is one of the leads on this project! Looks incredible!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: