Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Michael's Goody Boy to become Jimmy V's

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Michael’s Goody Boy to become Jimmy V’s

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 138 total)
  • Author

mbeaumont
    Participant

This looks like it’s very close to opening. Anyone have any updates? They’ve done a fantastic job with the renovation. Looks better than ever.

Twixlen
    Participant

mbeaumont said:
    This looks like it’s very close to opening. Anyone have any updates? They’ve done a fantastic job with the renovation. Looks better than ever.

I swear someone in my Twitter feed said they were open during Highball…

pinkgloomy
    Participant

Twixlen said:
    I swear someone in my Twitter feed said they were open during Highball…

It was! A friend dragged me in there, I had no idea someone took over the space. We didn’t stay, but the bar was super busy and crowded!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Yeah, they were open during Highball… but I assume for a special event of some sort if their kitchen isn’t open daily yet…

mbeaumont
    Participant

I think it was a preview event. I’m hoping they’re aiming to be open for GH this Saturday.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

I watched the World Series during Highball there. Nice place, HUGE patio. Yeungling drafts were $5, ouch. Although, I’m sure that was an “event” price, hopefully. The bartender didn’t quite know what the name of the bar was and she said a food menu was in the works. The placement of the bathrooms was kind of awkward as well, right behind the bar, it created kind of a bottleneck. Really glad they kept the sign. Over all though, great place. Can’t wait to check out that patio in the spring.

placebohigh
    Participant

$5 Yuengling drafts just turned me off. That’s 99 cents away from a 6 pack!

mbeaumont
    Participant

Drove by tonight and the sign was lit up and they had a good crowd inside. So I guess they’re open!

cc

It is good to see the north Short North growing!

Keep it civil. Thanks.

patient_zero
    Participant

I hope the calamari with Cajun dipping sauce and gyro with hand cut fries are as good there as they are in German Village!

leftovers

That looks good though I have to say, I had the gyro at the Pitabilities food truck (at Rifes in Grandview) and it beats the pants off of Jimmy V’s gyros on 5th in Grandview. I think it only cost me $5 to boot.

Regardless, I think a new place in the SN to try is a great.

patient_zero
    Participant

leftovers said:
    That looks good though I have to say, I had the gyro at the Pitabilities food truck (at Rifes in Grandview) and it beats the pants off of Jimmy V’s gyros on 5th in Grandview. I think it only cost me $5 to boot.

Regardless, I think a new place in the SN to try is a great.

I love a good food truck. This was $5 too, and included fries, a place to sit and order beer, and a cute waitress dressed in a skeleton costume showing her, ahem, breasts. :)

enigmaco
    Participant

They are open, a little expensive I wanted to get a glass of yingling and it was $3.50 so I changed my mind, that’s the most I have seen it for. Not to bad went there this past Saturday and watched the OSU game there. Glad to have another restaurant to choose from that’s a little more affordable then the others.

cbus11

+1 It is too much for what it is (cheap beer is cheap beer). I think basic economics will sort this out. I am glad they kept the sign, but the owner should understand pricing.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 138 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: