Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Michael's Goody Boy to become Jimmy V's

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Michael’s Goody Boy to become Jimmy V’s

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 138 total)
  • Author

cyclist II
    Participant

KingLincolnUrbanEnthusiast wrote >>
    I’m sad…we loved the Goodie Boy when we lived on Dennison and it is a shame that all the cheap “oldies but goodies” are becoming history. This is progress and as the SN continues to gentrify some of these old holdouts will succomb. I just hope the Short North Tavern can hang on because that is valuable real estate too.
    Hope the new Jimmy Vs makes it – should do fine with the students who tire of all the newness of south campus GATEWAY!

you are ridiculous.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

cyclist II wrote >>

I’m sad…we loved the Goodie Boy when we lived on Dennison and it is a shame that all the cheap “oldies but goodies” are becoming history. This is progress and as the SN continues to gentrify some of these old holdouts will succomb. I just hope the Short North Tavern can hang on because that is valuable real estate too.
    Hope the new Jimmy Vs makes it – should do fine with the students who tire of all the newness of south campus GATEWAY!

you are ridiculous.

TRUTH! (truth!!)

cyclist II
    Participant

Snarf wrote >>

cyclist II wrote >>

you are ridiculous.

TRUTH! (truth!!)

(thanks!!) THANKS!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Crazy to see this building so ripped up…

More construction photos, HERE.

bzarcher
    Participant

I can’t explain why, exactly, but those pictures of it all torn up are really depressing. I never even went into the place, I just used it as a landmark for directions.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Well, from the looks of it, it shouldn’t look depressing for long. ;)

howatzer
    Participant

Anybody know what the new build will look like? Looks like they’re expanding the footprint quite a bit.

Also noticed when I walked by the other day that the sign was pretty damaged – looks like a crane arm hit it or something. I wonder if Jimmy V payed for the sign to have an “accident” so he could tear it down.

labi
    Participant

howatzer wrote >>
    I wonder if Jimmy V payed for the sign to have an “accident” so he could tear it down.

@howatzer, I certainly hope you are not casting aspersions on the much-appreciated Jimmy V.

Brant
    Participant

10 years ago I was working as a PA for a movie[/url] that required a location for a 1960’s style diner. The Goody Boy was the perfect location, except that the crew ran over its schedule, we overstayed our welcome, and the owner kicked us out.

DavidF
    Participant

Brant wrote >>
    10 years ago I was working as a PA for a movie[/url] that required a location for a 1960’s style diner. The Goody Boy was the perfect location, except that the crew ran over its schedule, we overstayed our welcome, and the owner kicked us out.

That was the first movie my ex-wife worked on! I got to meet Leroy. He was one interesting dude.

Core_Models

Its interesting to note, when I hear “Leroy Jenkins” that is no longer the one I think of.

mrsgeedeck
    Participant

Walked by this place the other day, I like the edition to the building (and that they attempted to keep the stone facade the same), it also looks like they are planning for ample patio space. Goody Boy sign still remains…
    Any word on the progress of this?

tracy studer

It looks great. i hope they keep the sign.

Smifth27
    Participant

Just wanted everyone to know that I went to Gressos on High Street last night for VALLEY NIGHT. I just moved to Columbus from Dayton, but my wife is from the Valley. I loved the bar, and loved the food. Best pizza and fish for a true bar setting. If you want to go, they have Valley Night once a month. I believe that it is the last Wednesday of every month. You have to checkit out.

enigmaco
    Participant

I went by Jimmy V’s on the way home last night, and I saw some tables set up inside, and what looked like a bar setup with flashing neons it’s looking pretty good that it’s close.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 138 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION