Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Michael's Goody Boy to become Jimmy V's

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Michael’s Goody Boy to become Jimmy V’s

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 138 total)
  • Author

cc

For some reason I want to say that place on 5th (with the white poodle dog outline in the window) was called Lu Lu’s. It always made me think of The Dukes of Hazard (Boss Hog’s poodle loving wife’s name) when I passed it.

http://www.yellowbot.com/lulus-restaurant-columbus-oh.html

cc

What was that about smelts???? Jimmy V’s gyros are pretty darn good…

Bob Leighty
    Bob Leighty
    Participant

SusanB and e8453b are absolutely correct. His properties have been a long-time nightmare, and they have been reported many times by many people. I also refuse to patronize his restaurants.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

rleighty wrote >>
    SusanB and e8453b are absolutely correct. His properties have been a long-time nightmare, and they have been reported many times by many people. I also refuse to patronize his restaurants.

Who gives a flying fuck?

labi
    Participant

Snarf wrote >>

rleighty wrote >>

Who gives a flying fuck?

Nobody HAS to care at all. It’s really up to you, is the gist of it, I think. I’m not quite sure why just bringing up the question of choosing local businesses to patronize based on their larger conduct in the community gets some people on this board so supremely worked up. (I’m sure someone will soon jump in with some additional crude language to clarify this for me.)

Andrew Hall

cc wrote >>
    For some reason I want to say that place on 5th (with the white poodle dog outline in the window) was called Lu Lu’s. It always made me think of The Dukes of Hazard (Boss Hog’s poodle loving wife’s name) when I passed it.
    http://www.yellowbot.com/lulus-restaurant-columbus-oh.html

Yes. LuLu’s. The Blue Dog stuff always reminded us of NoLa.

A.

Zooky
    Participant

Anyone else find it interesting how the Short North has been devoid of sports bars for years, and it will have 3 by the end of the year? Jimmy V’s, Bernard’s, and Hubbard Grill? Makes a ton of sense from a business perspective, and it’s funny that no one thought of the idea prior to these places popping up…. just interesting. Would love to see a coffee shop, and more art galleries actually making it…

SusanB
    Participant

rleighty wrote >>

Snarf wrote >>
    Who gives a flying fuck?

You certainly don’t have to. I started this whole mess to let the people who do care about patronizing business that do good (BFR, Snowville, ect.) and wish not to patronize those that do bad the information that they might need to help make those choices. If you don’t care then feel free to spend your monies however you see fit.

Liner Notes
    Participant

Some gutting has started at the Goody Boy in the past couple of days. It looks like they’ve torn out the whole front end so far.

I’m sad…we loved the Goodie Boy when we lived on Dennison and it is a shame that all the cheap “oldies but goodies” are becoming history. This is progress and as the SN continues to gentrify some of these old holdouts will succomb. I just hope the Short North Tavern can hang on because that is valuable real estate too.

Hope the new Jimmy Vs makes it – should do fine with the students who tire of all the newness of south campus GATEWAY!

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

KingLincolnUrbanEnthusiast wrote >> As I said before still some prime properties in King Lincoln and Old Towne with low overhead and rents that are perfect spaces for these types of joints!

And over and over and over an over and over.

Stop.

Diesha

I’m thrilled to see renovations begin, the building was a embarrassing eye sore and falling in from the ceiling. And had become the hang out of the local homeless.
    Thanks IVC for demanding they keep the GoodyBoy sign! It’s exciting to know we’ll keeping the old and bring in the new. It’s a similar concept to what the Hubbard Grille marquee will represent.

So does anyone know if they are keeping any of the parking lot?

Liner Notes
    Participant

There has been a lot of action on this project this week.

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

KingLincolnUrbanEnthusiast wrote >>
    I’m sad…we loved the Goodie Boy when we lived on Dennison and it is a shame that all the cheap “oldies but goodies” are becoming history. This is progress and as the SN continues to gentrify some of these old holdouts will succomb. I just hope the Short North Tavern can hang on because that is valuable real estate too.
    Hope the new Jimmy Vs makes it – should do fine with the students who tire of all the newness of south campus GATEWAY!

Goody Boy becoming Jimmy V’s has nothing to do with gentrification. Jimmy V has owned the building for years and simply leased it to the Goody Boy operator.

The neighborhood was glad to see the Goody Boy operator go to jail after harassing Short North customers, staff and visitors for so many years. The neighborhood is glad to be rid of a violent rapist. The building has been owned by Jimmy V this entire time so no raised rents forced Goody Boy out, just his own violent conduct that put him in jail.

John Allen owns the Short North Tavern business and building, he’s in no jeopardy of losing his business to higher rents either.

Tigertree

KingLincolnUrbanEnthusiast wrote >>

AND THINK OF WHAT IT WILL DO TO THE PARKING!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 138 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: