Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Michael's Goody Boy to become Jimmy V's

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Michael’s Goody Boy to become Jimmy V’s

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 138 total)
  • Author

Core_Models

Snarf wrote >>
    Gyros.

I’m a fan of the Jimmy V Gyro, and would rank it above a lot of other spots around town. If this one ends up anything like the GV location, soccer fans may love having this place around too. Walking into that place during World Cup felt like it required a passport.

e8453b

bldng4jstc wrote >>
    Are all the Jimmy Vs the same or is their some variety on the menu/beer selection? I’ve only eaten at the grandview one. Nice place, service was great, the food was average. I welcome almost any business to the NSN – just wondering if they’ll make this one any different.

Check out Jimmy Vs lovely Bar on Parson Ave. One of his best places

SusanB
    Participant

Maybe we should arrange a South Side tour of Jimmy V properties.

Core_Models

SusanB wrote >>

Or you could buy them yourself and run them in a way you see fit.

e8453b

Core_Models wrote >>

SusanB wrote >>

Jimmy V is one of the worst Landlords on the South Side.

e8453b

Core_Models wrote >>

SusanB wrote >>

Jimmy V is one of the worst Landlords on the South Side.

desecration
    Participant

Core_Models wrote >>

SusanB wrote >>

I wonder if you have reported them to the BBB? Or placed concerns with the Weinland Park Community Civic Association?

e8453b

desecration wrote >>

Core_Models wrote >>

SusanB wrote >>

I wonder if you have reported them to the BBB? Or placed concerns with the Weinland Park Community Civic Association?

Jimmy Vs properties have been reported to Code Enforcement Several
    times. He has been non compliant and rude to neighbors who voice their
    concerns about his properties.

pedex
    Participant

Liner Notes wrote >>
    Anybody know what Jimmy V’s track record is for getting his restaurants up and running? I would hate to see little to no action for the next twelve months.

depends on whether or not he gets busted not having permits which is what happened with his restaurant at whittier and south high

usually he is fairly quick, he has his own crew to do most of the work

Jimmy V is ethnic Albanian as I recall and basically does the same thing here that he did in his old country and by most people’s standards he probably seems like a sort of gangster or mafia guy. He keeps a tight circle of people around him while OTOH he does have dozens of partners in his businesses most of which are local folks. He cuts corners, deals with all sorts of people some pretty sketchy to say the least, and looks to make a $$ anyway he can. He is what he is, I have seen him be very cool and also very ruthless. Understanding his background and what that involves explains a lot. I know people that are his partners in various bars and I have done a limited amount of work for him and never had a problem. His partners I do know seem ok with him, he’s pretty business like most of the time. Is he a shining pillar of the community and someone who strives to make columbus beautiful and nice? no he is not. I get the impression he really really hates govt regulations and does the very minimum he can to comply, it is a cost of doing business he tries to avoid. That really isn’t any different than most of the sociopathic corporations in this country.

SusanB
    Participant

Core_Models wrote >>

SusanB wrote >>

I somehow think that the prices he might want for his houses would be far more than what they are worth. Some of the properties might need so much work that you might have to pay someone to take them.

Andrew Hall

We were in the area and I realized much I miss what used to be in the Jimmy V space over on 5th. Lola. Sweet couple, some really good food, great space and they had French 75s before just about anyone else in town could even spell it.

A.

tourist19
    Participant

Andrew Hall wrote >>
    We were in the area and I realized much I miss what used to be in the Jimmy V space over on 5th. Lola. Sweet couple, some really good food, great space and they had French 75s before just about anyone else in town could even spell it.
    A.

Ohhh I miss that place too. I spent a lovely New Years Eve there one year when I had to fly earlish the next morning and couldn’t really go out. I ate a lovely meal and had fabulous desert. They were so welcoming I didn’t mind being alone. Also they gave free (good) champagne. I loved that place.

KSquared

tourist19 wrote >>

Andrew Hall wrote >>
    A.

Ohhh I miss that place too. I spent a lovely New Years Eve there one year when I had to fly earlish the next morning and couldn’t really go out. I ate a lovely meal and had fabulous desert. They were so welcoming I didn’t mind being alone. Also they gave free (good) champagne. I loved that place.

Was that the place with the crazy poodle motif? I never made it there dammit.

tourist19
    Participant

KSquared wrote >>

tourist19 wrote >>

Andrew Hall wrote >>
    A.

There may have been some poodles, but I remember all the pictures seemed to be of The Blue Dog[/url]. They had lots of purple and leopard print too. I think (being dragged from my hazy brain) that Lola was their dog maybe?

michaelcoyote
    Participant

tourist19 wrote >>

KSquared wrote >>

tourist19 wrote >>

Andrew Hall wrote >>
    A.

There may have been some poodles, but I remember all the pictures seemed to be of The Blue Dog[/url]. They had lots of purple and leopard print too. I think (being dragged from my hazy brain) that Lola was their dog maybe?

Yeah, I always liked it there. Great vibe, good food (and drink) and nice people. I was sorry to see it go.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 138 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: