Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Michael's Goody Boy to become Jimmy V's

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Michael’s Goody Boy to become Jimmy V’s

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 138 total)
  • Author

labi
    Participant

groundrules wrote >>

labi wrote >>
    I’m grateful on both of your behalfs (behalves?) that you apparently do not live in neighborhoods where this might matter to you.

ohferchrissakes let me spell it out for you: i’m not defending dude’s real estate practices, I’m simply saying that owning shitty houses is nothing at all like committing rape, despite you trying to put them in the same category.

I appreciate how I can clearly state that the way I feel about something is my own personal opinion based on feeling somewhat personally beleaguered (“Having had my house broken into 5 times this summer and car once, the absentee slumlords who dominate my neighborhood are starting to move into the same category in my mind as rapists. Perhaps I am just tired.”), and two people will tell me I’m a jackass and another will blame me for living where I can afford to live. This is really why I read the CU. Lively.

labi
    Participant

jammyave wrote >>
    Dude when you moved to wetland park, what did you expect? I am quite sure you did not grow up there, and it wasn’t your only option.

Dude, that’s WEINland Park to you.

jammyave

There are many affordable neighborhoods beside that hood, you knew what you were getting into when you moved there. Crying about crime when you purposely move a bad neighborhood is stupid . I doubt you live in a cpo apartment nor do you have a section 8 voucher so I’m sure you have other options. I am all for trying to make that neighborhood better and it has a lot if potential but you are a fool if you did not realize what goes on there.

Core_Models

my own personal opinion based on feeling somewhat personally beleaguered

While I can’t say for sure, I’d guess rape victims rarely describe themselves as “feeling somewhat personally beleaguered”.

jimbach
    Participant

jammyave wrote >>
    There are many affordable neighborhoods beside that hood, you knew what you were getting into when you moved there. Crying about crime when you purposely move a bad neighborhood is stupid .

Yeah, I’m sure she was just asking for it.

jammyave

jimbach wrote >>

jammyave wrote >>
    There are many affordable neighborhoods beside that hood, you knew what you were getting into when you moved there. Crying about crime when you purposely move a bad neighborhood is stupid .

Moving to a high crime hood is asking for it. Don’t get me wrong weiland park will oneday be a great neighborhood and out of all the up and coming neighborhoods it has the most potential, but crying about car break ins in that n3ighborhhod is dumb, she or he knew what comes along with an up and coming neighborhood, and I am certain thy had other choices when choosing where to live.

joev
    Participant

I’m just wondering where you guys think petty criminals should live. It’s gotta be somewhere.

rory
    Participant

joev wrote >>
    I’m just wondering where you guys think petty criminals should live. It’s gotta be somewhere.

I always tell people in the neighborhood that the pickings are much better in Worthington.

anillo
    Participant

so yeah…goody boy!

blammo
    Participant

Something is better than nothing, I’m tired of walking past that place every day and watching the ceiling slowly cave in. Also, the bones of that big ol’ Goody Boy sign are cool, but that is the shittiest paint job of any signage on High street. Jeebus, I think the guy got up there with a ladder and two colors of latex and just winged it and failed miserably.

anillo
    Participant

it’s like eye rape amirite

cyclist II
    Participant

labi wrote >>

jammyave wrote >>
    Dude when you moved to wetland park, what did you expect? I am quite sure you did not grow up there, and it wasn’t your only option.

Dude, that’s WEINland Park to you.

more like WHINEland Park.

desecration
    Participant

blammo wrote >>
    Something is better than nothing, I’m tired of walking past that place every day and watching the ceiling slowly cave in.

Yep. I’m tired of seeing the transients hanging out in chairs on the side of the building.

berdawn

jammyave wrote >>

jimbach wrote >>

jammyave wrote >>

Moving to a high crime hood is asking for it. Don’t get me wrong weiland park will oneday be a great neighborhood and out of all the up and coming neighborhoods it has the most potential, but crying about car break ins in that n3ighborhhod is dumb, she or he knew what comes along with an up and coming neighborhood, and I am certain thy had other choices when choosing where to live.

my goodness, what an insightful post! I’m sure walker is just moments away from pointing out that referring to someone’s comments as dumb is just not acceptable here, but until then: people choose their homes for many reasons. why is it you are certain labi had other choices when choosing his/her home?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Yeah, let’s get this back on topic, and keep it civil. Thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 138 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: