Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Michael's Goody Boy to become Jimmy V's

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Michael’s Goody Boy to become Jimmy V’s

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 138 total)
  • Author

dru
    Participant

Kbear919 wrote >>
    The Goody Boy was such a nice “front”
    Please don’t get rid of the sign…

The IV Commission will not let that sign go anywhere. You can read a lot of the back and forth on the proposed changes and fairly significant renovations/additions in the IV Commission notes over the past year. There was a lot of recommendations by the commission and revision by the owner for the design.

I was wondering what was going on. I guess anyone who knew the name Jim Velio, would have known all along as his name was always listed in the notes.

I am just pleased something is going on to bring normal business activity to that corner.

groundrules
    Participant

labi wrote >>

SusanB wrote >>
    I refuse to patronize any business owned by Jimmy Velio. Most people who live anywhere near his rental properties know why.

Maybe there’s something about that corner that attracts scumbags
    thread discussing scumbag owner of Michael’s Goody Boy

wait, before we all go slingin’ names and piling on shit and digging up old threads, let’s at least make sure we’ve got all our characters straight. Jimmy V the owner of the property, but is NOT the same as Johnny, the scumbag who used to run Goody Boy and did jail time. Jimmy V may have his detractors as well, but just want to be clear before these guys all get grouped into the same class under the haze of memory.

SusanB
    Participant

I am referring to Jimmy Velio’s oh so lovely property and tenants all over the south side of Columbus. As that he might be litigious, let’s just say I have a long and interesting history (as do most folks who live anywhere near his south side rentals) with Gezeem Velio (his real name).

e8453b

SusanB wrote >>
    I refuse to patronize any business owned by Jimmy Velio. Most people who live anywhere near his rental properties know why.

I agree. I refuse to patronize any business owned by Jimmy Velio.
    Check out his rental properties, and his bar on Parson’s Ave. We continue to fight with him over his business in Ganther’s Place.

Core_Models

Well, I like Jimmy…I like Jimmy V’s…and I welcome a spot in the Short North to watch a game and have a drink and a gyro.

SusanB
    Participant

I own a house next to 2 of Jimmy Velio’s rentals. I have seen at least 2 full blown SWAT raids at one of the properties (different tenants each time) as well as many many police runs and SWAT raids to his other properties on the South Side. IMHO he knows exactly who he is renting to. I have a funny story to tell (but I can’t post it here) about Jimmy and his “tenant background checks” *sarcasm* that I can relate at a CU meet up sometime.

Chris Sherman
    Chris Sherman
    Participant

Let’s just hope they don’t do some cheesy copper tile fountain and mosaic granite flooring… I hope they are consulting a professional for the interior.

pedex
    Participant

Chris Sherman wrote >>
    Let’s just hope they don’t do some cheesy copper tile fountain and mosaic granite flooring… I hope they are consulting a professional for the interior.

jimmy typically does everything in house with his own crew

labi
    Participant

groundrules wrote >>

labi wrote >>

SusanB wrote >>

Maybe there’s something about that corner that attracts scumbags
    thread discussing scumbag owner of Michael’s Goody Boy

wait, before we all go slingin’ names and piling on shit and digging up old threads, let’s at least make sure we’ve got all our characters straight. Jimmy V the owner of the property, but is NOT the same as Johnny, the scumbag who used to run Goody Boy and did jail time. Jimmy V may have his detractors as well, but just want to be clear before these guys all get grouped into the same class under the haze of memory.

I wasn’t confused. (Were you confused?) Grouping them together into the same class was actually just what I intended when I referred to them both as (quote) scumbags. Having had my house broken into 5 times this summer and car once, the absentee slumlords who dominate my neighborhood are starting to move into the same category in my mind as rapists. Perhaps I am just tired.

SusanB
    Participant

Having had my house broken into 5 times this summer and car once, the absentee slumlords who dominate my neighborhood are starting to move into the same category in my mind as rapists. Perhaps I am just tired.

No, you are not just tired. Absentee slumlords are one of the major problems, maybe the number one problem in many, many inner city neighborhoods here in Columbus. It makes me crazy that I (as a landlord) carefully check out each potential tenant, take care of my real estate, and live in the neighborhood that I own rentals in, and yet these assholes can totally crap on our neighborhoods and that it takes many people working together for years to get them to comply with the most basic code enforcement, tenant screenings, etc.

I will never, never patronize a Jimmy V establishment. Draw what conclusions you will from that.

Here’s a lovely property that he owns:

http://franklincountyoh.metacama.com/do/selectDisplay?select=PHOTO&curpid=01004634800

and another:

http://franklincountyoh.metacama.com/do/selectDisplay?select=PHOTO&curpid=01005731200

groundrules
    Participant

labi wrote >>
    the absentee slumlords who dominate my neighborhood are starting to move into the same category in my mind as rapists.

oh fuck that. slumlording sucks, but it is NOT rape. end of story.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

So…uh…I hear they do good fried smelts? I don’t know that I’ve ever had fried smelts. I like the word “smelts” though.

Cookie

Eh, I looked at the menu and got about as excited as Andrew Hall does about a new Olive Garden location.

melikecheese
    Participant

SusanB wrote >>

Having had my house broken into 5 times this summer and car once, the absentee slumlords who dominate my neighborhood are starting to move into the same category in my mind as rapists. Perhaps I am just tired.

No, you are not just tired. Absentee slumlords are one of the major problems, maybe the number one problem in many, many inner city neighborhoods here in Columbus. It makes me crazy that I (as a landlord) carefully check out each potential tenant, take care of my real estate, and live in the neighborhood that I own rentals in, and yet these assholes can totally crap on our neighborhoods and that it takes many people working together for years to get them to comply with the most basic code enforcement, tenant screenings, etc.
    I will never, never patronize a Jimmy V establishment. Draw what conclusions you will from that.
    Here’s a lovely property that he owns:
    http://franklincountyoh.metacama.com/do/selectDisplay?select=PHOTO&curpid=01004634800
    and another:
    http://franklincountyoh.metacama.com/do/selectDisplay?select=PHOTO&curpid=01005731200

These links do not work correctly. Can you post the parcel IDs? I searched for properties by owner name and I get no hits on his name.

I still miss Goodie Boy, Happy to see something moving in, something with a big patio with make that location even busier with Skullys and other surrounding places. Man how this corner has changed from 4 years ago! I had friends renting a house 2 over from the post office and they had some real messes around them for awhile.

melikecheese
    Participant

I found some of his palces

He has a few houses down the street from me, but to be honest, they seem just fine, much better then the other slum lord who owns the house next door to me.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 138 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: