Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Michael's Goody Boy to become Jimmy V's

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Michael’s Goody Boy to become Jimmy V’s

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 138 total)
  • Author
    BreakfastwithNick
    BreakfastwithNick
    Participant

Just caught this article from This Week News. Jimmy V’s is adding a fifth location with the purchase of Goody Boy. Not razing the building, but adding on to it.

No more cheap but slightly creepy breakfast in SN. :(

Oooo…I like this move actually.

The Goody Boy was such a nice “front”

Please don’t get rid of the sign…

It is better than the massive empty sucking hole of non-activity there now, but is also lamentable for not being something new and interesting.

A.

Mercurius
    Participant

With so many shitty parking lots, why would he want to bulldoze this building? Glad to hear saner minds prevailed.

placebohigh
    Participant

This is a great move and I’m excited for the new location! Will be interesting to see how it looks when its done.

Chris Sherman
    Chris Sherman
    Participant

Tommys should have opened a 2nd there.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Mercurius wrote >>
    With so many shitty parking lots, why would he want to bulldoze this building? Glad to hear saner minds prevailed.

Thought the idea was to raze the building and build a new one?

Not that it matters, since the original structure will be modified.

mrsgeedeck
    Participant

Just realized I would have loved to have seen Jacks and Benny’s open a second location there.

cc

I think Jimmy V’s will be a nice fit. They also know enough about the business to do it right.

futureman
    Participant

I’ve given Jimmy V’s several tries, and every time the food isn’t that good. Something is always off, but I’m willing to give it another try in a different location.

The outdoor patio will be a HUGE plus though! (assuming open till 1am or so). 1600 sq ft is a ton of space to have outside.

SusanB
    Participant

I refuse to patronize any business owned by Jimmy Velio. Most people who live anywhere near his rental properties know why.

desecration
    Participant

SusanB wrote >>
    I refuse to patronize any business owned by Jimmy Velio. Most people who live anywhere near his rental properties know why.

And for those that don’t, do you care to express the reason(s)?

ps

Sad to see Michael’s closed as I sort of enjoyed going in there on occasion. It’ll be interesting to see how the new joint is modified to fit tables. Surely they won’t remove the patio so they’ll need to stretch back… or up!

As long as the new owner leaves the free-standing sign alone, I’m cool. We’re losing too many of those oldies-but-goodies.

labi
    Participant

SusanB wrote >>

Maybe there’s something about that corner that attracts scumbags
    thread discussing scumbag owner of Michael’s Goody Boy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 138 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: