Our City Online

Messageboard - Transportation

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Miami-Orlando High-Speed Rail

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Transportation Miami-Orlando High-Speed Rail

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

Gov. Rick Scott supports controversial rail project on Florida’s east coast
    Sunday, June 8, 2014 11:00am

Gov. Rick Scott, who killed a high-speed rail system linked to Tampa Bay, has become a cheerleader for All Aboard Florida, a privately funded venture on Florida’s east coast. The budget Gov. Rick Scott signed last week includes $215 million for a passenger depot in Orlando that would help All Aboard Florida create a rail system from Miami to Orlando. Residents of counties along the route are bombarding Scott with criticism of the project, fearing loud noise and a damaged quality of life.All Aboard Florida is a corporate sister of a firm that used to employ Scott’s chief of staff, Adam Hollingsworth.

READ MORE: http://www.tampabay.com/news/politics/stateroundup/gov-rick-scott-supports-controversial-rail-project-on-floridas-east-coast/2183293

Eugene_C
    Participant

I wonder what secret video/documents that All Aboard Florida got on Rick Scott?

Any chance that All Aboard Ohio can hire their PI? ;-)

Josh Lapp
    Josh Lapp
    Participant

If this project succeeds, and from all that I have read from it I think it will, I truly hope it becomes a model for other projects throughout the country. Not that it is a new model, this is how our national passenger rail network initially developed.

Also- the Miami station renderings are stunning. When this opens I may make a Florida trip just to try it out.

Achekov
    Participant

Back in 2010 all the anti-train noise was all about thumbing the nose at new Obama administration and the democrats in Congress. The train lobby was not that big, so they all threw a salute to the Tea Party and canceled trains all over.

Now, the republicans have been around for 4 years so Rick Scott can take the credit instead of Obama, and hey, I bet they even got a few more bucks out of the train lobby than the democrats did.

News
    Participant

Miami To Orlando Rail May Mark Promising Return of Private US Passenger Rail
    OCTOBER 10, 2014

On September 18, 2014, All Aboard Florida announced news about the plans and structure of an extensive new downtown train-station complex. Supporters of this new transit community say this is a substantial step in Miami’s quest to arrive as one the world’s great urban centers.

READ MORE: http://todnews.com/2014/10/10/miami-to-orlando-rail-may-mark-promising-return-of-private-us-passenger-rail/

Ned23
    Participant

After numerous visits to Florida and my miserable experience driving there, I vowed never to retire there. Getting some alternatives for getting around that state might help change my mind on that.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Transportation’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: