Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Mezcal Cantina & Grill

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Mezcal Cantina & Grill

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

I feel like I needed to post my short review just to get these people some more pub other than the review here already. I have no affiliation with this place or any of the owners/workers that work there.

I went last night with my wife and parents. We both grew up in Dublin and both our parents live there so driving up from where we live in Harrison West has never seemed like a big deal. (I know a lot of people think it’s like eons away for some reason)

I had a 4 enchilada place that was very tasty and came with a large side of beans, rice, and gauc. It was enough food for me to take half of it home for lunch today. The chips and salsa they give before the meal where also good, but maybe just a bit salty. My wife had the xmas margarita which was huge and only 6 bucks I think. She said it didn’t taste anything like a margarita (which I guess is the point if it’s the xmas version?) but it was good anyway and full of booze. A good value for the size vs. cost.

The thing we all commented on though was for a decent sized space we were the only table in the place (it was around 6:45pm). I hope others check it out because it’s a solid Mexican food option that’s way better then the El Vaquero crowd when up that way.

re-post of the CU review: https://www.columbusunderground.com/restaurant-review-mezcal-cantina-grill-ma1

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Dang that food looks good.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Nice! Gonna have to try it out next time we’re in the area!

I’m so glad (relieved) you liked it! I saw the subject line and Pessimist Mirm thought, “oh no . . .”. Totally agree with your profound wrap-up: it’s a step up from the neighborhood competition. Nicely put!

tolemac5050
    Participant

If this is in Powell..it’s for sale..thru Randy Sokol

fidlerre
    Participant

If this is in Powell..it’s for sale..thru Randy Sokol

Interesting, a quick perusal of Randy’s site shows quite a few places up for sale…

Azteca on Sawmill and Jobu Ramen in Grandview just two that we’ve frequented recently.

thomasjs4
    Participant

Is this place still open? I tried to pull up their Facebook page and it was gone…I’m also not finding a website for it to look for a full menu. Yelp hasn’t indicated anything yet about it being closed.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

URBAN LIVING TOUR 2020

This year’s Urban Living Tour event has been postponed due to COVID-19, but will be returning later this summer!

CLICK HERE to sign up to be notified when tickets go on sale!