Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

SuperChefs - Downtown Breakfast Restaurant

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining SuperChefs – Downtown Breakfast Restaurant

This topic contains 37 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  Graybeak 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author

johnwashere
    Participant

I tried going a couple weeks ago on a Sunday. It was pretty crowded and very unorganized. You had to go all the way to the back to put your name in. I waited for about 25 minutes before leaving. Some people were just walking in and seemed to get priority seating. The waiters look confused and seemed to be taking forever. I saw a couple that were trying to flag down their waiter to get there check for about 20 minutes. Another couple leaving said it was a long wait but worth it. 2 people leaving shortly after that warned me that they were there for about 2 hours.
    We decided to leave after that. I bought a living social a few days ago and plan on getting carry out. I don’t think I will dine in due to all their problems now.

News
    Participant

SUPERCHEF’S BREAKFAST & MORE – COLUMBUS, OH
    June 14, 2014 · by thebreakfastgrubguy

SuperChef’s Breakfast & More is named for Chef Darnell Ferguson, who served as a chef to Team USA at the 2008 Beijing Olympics, where he earned the nickname. Ferguson and his longtime pal, Ry Bryson, currently operate three successful restaurants in Kentucky, and just last year expanded here, to their hometown of Columbus. Having been open for almost a year now, I, of course, have heard tons of great things about SuperChef’s, but have never been able to get there for some reason. Finally, on a recent Saturday morning free of plans, I was able to round up a couple of guys and we headed downtown via E. Broad St. to check them out.

READ MORE: http://thebreakfastgrubguy.com/2014/06/14/superchefs-breakfast-more-columbus-oh-2/

News
    Participant

Superchef’s Breakfast & More Expanding to Gahanna
    July 16, 2014 2:39 pm – Ayana Wilson

When Superchef’s Breakfast & More opened last July at 199 East Broad Street, it filled a breakfast void in the downtown with delicious, Southern-inspired takes on the most important meal of the day.

Now, one year later, owners Ryan Bryson, a graduate of the University of Findlay and the business side of the operation, and Columbus native, Darnell Ferguson, have decided to open a second branch, this time in Gahanna, in the Village Square at Cherry Bottom.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/superchefs-breakfast-more-expanding-to-gahanna-aw1

News
    Participant

Roland
    Participant

I’ve been to the Gahanna location. They draw a big crowd. Everything coming out of the kitchen looked great. I went with the Juggernaut which is chicken and waffles variant in breakfast sandwich form. I ate they whoooole thing.

I love this place.

News
    Participant

Restaurant Review: SuperChef’s Breakfast & More
    May 1, 2015 9:41 am – Miriam Bowers Abbott

One visit to the Downtown destination is convincing proof that this place is magic.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/restaurant-review-superchefs-breakfast-more-ma1

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

The delicious downtown location of Superchefs is currently closed for renovations, per a sign on their front door. No reopening date was posted.

Reopen soon! :)

Graybeak
    Participant

Uh oh. I remember when the last three businesses that were in that space “closed for renovations”.
    Hopefully this business will be breaking the trend.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Join us this Friday, August 24th to experience everything that goes into making the perfect cup of coffee!

CLICK HER FOR TICKETS & INFO