Our City Online

Messageboard - Transportation

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Megabus - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Transportation Megabus – News & Updates

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

bjones7 said:
    I followed up on the post above. From Columbus to Cleveland (via Lakefront lines), its $12 one-way which isn’t bad. However the trip takes 3 hours?!?! I could believe like 2 1/2 hours but I wonder why 3. Are buses limited to 65 mph. Are their stops included on the way?

We took Megabus to Pittsburgh 2 years ago. After getting on at Nationwide & High, it drove up High to OSU and stopped at the student union. Then off to Pittsburgh on I-70 with a stop half-way at a convenience store for people to get snacks, drinks and use restrooms (though the bus also had restrooms on board). The stop was maybe 20 minutes.

It’s not going to be as fast as a car. The benefit is that you can sleep if you want. ;)

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Walker said:
    The benefit is that you can sleep if you want. ;)

Unless you’re 6’3″…

3 hours to Cleveland for 12 bucks is a pretty great deal though, sleep or no sleep. I may tell my 70 year old parents to take it for an upcoming Cleveland trip (no one wants them behind a wheel at this point anyway).

ETA: Not sure where you got 12 bucks, I just priced this for the trip mentioned above and for the evening trip they’re planning it would be 12 bucks…for both of them…round trip:

buckette13

Prices constantly change. They increase by the number of tickets sold for that particular trip and by the time interval to when it departs. They also have summer pricing currently in effect (a lot of the travelers are students who now are on break).

I don’t know the route it takes to Cleveland. Does it take I-71 the whole way?

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Well, that particular trip…for say a night on the town in CLE or a concert…you could get into town at 4:45 PM, head back out at 2:30 AM, and the whole thing would cost you 6 bucks round trip.

That is a helluva deal (and a safe way to go out in CLE without driving)

buckette13

It can be a great deal. Especially if you have time and friends in Cleveland.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

buckette13 said:
    It can be a great deal. Especially if you have time and friends in Cleveland.

What’s really cool about it, the drop off in CLE is right next to the R&R Hall of Fame, Progressive Field (Indians), and First Energy Stadium (Browns).

So, for example, using that trip planned above and the Indians schedule:

Arrive in CLE at 4:45, game starts at 7:05 (walk .8 miles up Carnegie to the game). Post game, have several beers and get back to the bus at 2:30 to be back in Columbus in the morning.

You’d get to Cleveland, see an Indians Game, and probably spend about what you’d spend on a Clippers Game right here in town!

buckette13

Maybe it is because I am a girl. But I prefer the 5 minute drive to Huntington Park. ;)

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

buckette13 said:
    Maybe it is because I am a girl. But I prefer the 5 minute drive to Huntington Park. ;)

I love a Clippers game too, but seeing an MLB game is really a different experience. I’m not even a baseball fan, but I’ve gone on road trips to Milwaukee, Chicago, Cleveland, and Cincinnati to see games and always had a blast.

NerosNeptune
    Participant

Not too long ago they gave away a ton of free trips. A friend of mine went to Niagara Falls using it. I just searched again for it and it looks like it’s a winter thing, with free seats spread from jan-feb.

News
    Participant

Megabus.com reaches 35 million passengers
    Vicky Karantzavelou – 03 April 2014, 12:04

NEW YORK – Megabus.com, the first city-to-city, express bus company with fares from $1, has served 35 million passengers across North America as of today.

In celebration of the milestone, megabus.com awarded customer Lena Jackson, from Akron, Ohio, with an Apple iPad Mini during a celebration event Monday morning at the megabus.com arrival/departure location at the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (GCRTA) Stephanie Tubbs Jones Transit Center in Cleveland, Ohio.

READ MORE: http://www.traveldailynews.com/news/article/59859/megabus-com-reaches-35-million-passengers

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)

The forum ‘Transportation’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION