Our City Online

Messageboard - Transportation

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Megabus - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Transportation Megabus – News & Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • Author

Cookie

I was looking at schedules from Pittsburgh to Columbus recently, and the only departure time I saw was around 6:00am.

leftovers

We took it to Pittsburgh a couple of months ago. There was hardly anyone on the bus. I guess I can’t blame them if they can’t get ridership. I would have thought with this many college students there would be plenty of people using it here.

Josh Lapp
    Josh Lapp
    Participant

leftovers said:
    We took it to Pittsburgh a couple of months ago. There was hardly anyone on the bus. I guess I can’t blame them if they can’t get ridership. I would have thought with this many college students there would be plenty of people using it here.

I don’t see much of a connection between the Pittsburgh-Columbus metro area. Much more between Pitt-Cleveland. I have to believe that a Cinci-Dayton-Cbus-Cleveland route would be very popular since there really isn’t a way to travel between them without a car (except Greyhound).

catnfiddle
    Participant

The only reason I never took the Pittsburgh bus was because they had no connections further east. If Megabus would expand instead of contract, they’d probably have fuller buses. Damn.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

leftovers said:
    We took it to Pittsburgh a couple of months ago. There was hardly anyone on the bus.

Weird. We took it last summer and the bus was 100% full on the way over and maybe 60% full on the way back. I wonder if the ridership died off after the novelty wore off? Or if some buses and timeframes just weren’t being filled…

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Cookie said:
    I was looking at schedules from Pittsburgh to Columbus recently, and the only departure time I saw was around 6:00am.

Must have changed it. Our rides last summer were both mid-day.

ricospaz
    Participant

though I thought this was a bit ironic:

“The company is adding service from Pittsburgh to Ann Arbor, Mich., with one daily departure, starting March 14.”

Damn, Michigan wins again!

cbus11

I would have thought that the increase in gas prices would have increased ridership as their fares stayed low, but I guess the increase in fuel overhead made them cull under performing routes. I never took Megabus but I understand they had nice buses that included wifi. It would have been nice to sit back and surf the web while someone else did the driving. Hopefully they can experiment and find some profitable routes as I like their concept a lot.

Josh Lapp
    Josh Lapp
    Participant

Has anyone heard of or tried “GoBus”

http://www.ridegobus.com/

hungrywoolf
    Participant

I saw this am that Megabus now has an app (android and iphone) so that you can track your bus in real time.

http://enews.adtrak360.com/q/8j4LUh7Rer-2NpetfOa52yWKmHLV5brFkNjSvMam9TV4x2uQrWKtvu88C

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

I heard good things about Megabus when they first started, but recently the publicity has been all bad. I was trying to convince my wife to consider the bus as an option for a family trip to Chicago, but there were a lot of bad reviews online. Has anyone taken Megabus recently, and if so, how was it?

geoyui
    Participant

I did hear recently one account where the person was happy to use Megabus. They said it was about 6 hour drive and he had no problems. It also helped that he had a row to himself. Wifi is spotty but still a nice feature.

paktinat

I just came from chicago to columbus over night.
    No major complaints. wifi always sucks on the busier buses. I had no one sitting next to me so I was able to stretch out all my 6′ quite a bit and slept for most of the ride.

Josh Lapp
    Josh Lapp
    Participant

Just checking out the Megabus website, and it looks like since they acquired Lakefront Lines you can now travel Megabus to Cleveland, Indy (directly), Atlanta, Buffalo, Chattanooga, Erie, Lexington, and Knoxville.

Always good to have another non-car travel mode in your bucket of options!

bjones7
    Participant

I followed up on the post above. From Columbus to Cleveland (via Lakefront lines), its $12 one-way which isn’t bad. However the trip takes 3 hours?!?! I could believe like 2 1/2 hours but I wonder why 3. Are buses limited to 65 mph. Are their stops included on the way?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)

The forum ‘Transportation’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION