Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

McDonalds Shamrock Shake

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining McDonalds Shamrock Shake

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

ha! I tried one last week. It is good. Not as good as a caramel frappe for me though. ;)

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

haters gonna hate ;)

Cbusbill
    Participant

i always used to give up sugar for lent, and then i’d always regret it when the shamrock shake would come out…and then go away before i could imbibe. not this year…shamrock shake or bust!!! thanks for the reminder :-)

rus
    rus
    Participant

Twixlen said:
    I had a couple last year, as these were a long-time favorite treat… but either they’ve changed, or I’ve changed, because they are almost sick-sweet to me now. They used to be minty like Breyer’s ice cream – mint without huge sugary flavor.

Harrumph!

…and that’s when the kids scurried off her lawn. ;-)

NEOBuckeye
    Participant

Twixlen said:
    I had a couple last year, as these were a long-time favorite treat… but either they’ve changed, or I’ve changed, because they are almost sick-sweet to me now. They used to be minty like Breyer’s ice cream – mint without huge sugary flavor.

Harrumph!

+1

Getting these as a kid was always a real treat because they were so rare. The last time I did have one however, I felt like I was going to go into a diabetic coma.

Now I just do smoothies and Jeni’s ice cream. ;-)

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

If you’d like to remember the Shamrock Shake all year long, you can pick up this limited edition tshirt, sold through Skreened.

Proceeds from the sale of each t-shirt, as well as $0.25 from each Shamrock Shake sold in Central Ohio, will benefit the local Ronald McDonald House.

In partnership with Skreened, the t-shirts will be sold at http://skreened.com/ronaldmcdonaldhouse starting today, with prices starting at $21. Thirty percent of the cost of each shirt will benefit RMHC of Central Ohio.

GCrites80s
    Participant

My, I thought I’d seen it all until I saw Green Grimace.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

it is here

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

The tshirts are being sold again if any one wants that!
    The one-of-a-kind, vintage-inspired t-shirts pay homage to the iconic Shamrock Shakes – available nationwide starting today! – and will be sold at http://skreened.com/ronaldmcdonaldhouse with prices starting at $21. Thirty percent of the cost of each shirt will benefit RMHC of Central Ohio.

groundrules
    Participant

shamrock > harlem

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

unlike that gross injection molded wanna be rib meat sandwich, this is actually important.

it’s back!

OneBagTravel
    Participant

I don’t think I’ve ever had one :0

Josh_W
    Josh_W
    Participant

<cite>Twixlen said:</cite><br>

Harrumph!

+1

Getting these as a kid was always a real treat because they were so rare. The last time I did have one however, I felt like I was going to go into a diabetic coma.

Now I just do smoothies and Jeni’s ice cream. ;-)

+1 The wife knows how much I like(d) them, and brought one home for me last week. I had about a third of it, and tossed the rest. I don’t want whipped cream and cherries and extra-bright-green food coloring, I just want the same shake I waited all year for in the ’80s.

Arby’s makes a competing mint shake that is better than the new Shamrock.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

I didn’t realize they put whipped cream and cherries on them now.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: