Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

McDonalds Shamrock Shake

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining McDonalds Shamrock Shake

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    SJT
    SJT
    Participant

So this is slightly off topic- but it totally reminds me of a childhood experience. In fifth grade I attended a Young Authors Conference and apparently McD’s was a sponsor bc I remember orange drink flowing like crazy. Anyhooo they had a contest to create a new product for them. I came up with a Apple& cinnamon milkshake. Somehow I won the contest& they gave me coupons for free fries. I had to give them away though bc my mom wouldn’t let me eat McD’s. How tragic ;)

Gluttony challege sounds intriguing to me only if it involves pizza btw…

joev
    Participant

What’s better – the Shamrock Shake at McDonalds or the Jamocha Shake at Arby’s (aka, the only reason to ever go to Arby’s)?

SJT
    SJT
    Participant

aka, the only reason to ever go to Arby’s)?

Hey now! I have to admit my only fast food downfall is Arby’s. Yes the shakes rock, but don’t forget their tasty lil triangular fried potato cakes& curly fries. Mmmmmm me likey.

AnneD

I worked the sandwich station at Arby’s in college, and I can still eat the food (except the roast beef – it comes as paste with lumps!) Still love the curly fried and potato cakes and jamocha shakes.

Tough call between shamrock shakes and jamocha. Shamrock shakes have that whole limited time allure, but jamocha shakes are always there for the late night craving fulfillment.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

AnneD wrote >>
    Shamrock shakes have that whole limited time allure

this is why I give the nod to the shamrock. Limited time makes everything better :p

(and I am up to two now)

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

Angel

yuck! I think they are gross!

Daz
    Participant

Half shamrock shake, half chocolate shake.

Seriously. Best thing ever.

locura

Daz, you just inspired me…

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Daz wrote >>
    Half shamrock shake, half chocolate shake.
    Seriously. Best thing ever.

Impressive!

Last night I went for another after dinner… and I have to say, I’m only getting small sized shakes now.. I might have OD’d a little.

panzuriel

daz beat me to it! half chocolate half shamrock ummm rocks.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

BUMP

Get your crack beverage now.

groundrules
    Participant

vestanpance said:
    BUMP

Get your crack beverage now.

Ha! i hadn’t had one of these in probably 20 years, but found myself at a mcD’s the other day, and godDAMN!! I’ve been singing the shamrock praise ever since.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

groundrules said:
    Ha! i hadn’t had one of these in probably 20 years, but found myself at a mcD’s the other day, and godDAMN!! I’ve been singing the shamrock praise ever since.

gonna be tuff to get that monkey of your back now.

cold sweats ahead..

Twixlen
    Participant

I had a couple last year, as these were a long-time favorite treat… but either they’ve changed, or I’ve changed, because they are almost sick-sweet to me now. They used to be minty like Breyer’s ice cream – mint without huge sugary flavor.

Harrumph!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: