Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

McCasky's Grille

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining McCasky's Grille

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author

billygoat

As a neighbor of the restaurant and a recent diner I wanted to try the place out and found out some info…

First off it is McCasky’s Grille not mccaskeys. The menu is a first run and will more than likely change up according to seasons and tastes. I had the house chips which were awesome, the boursin sauce and carmalized onions topped with the filet were great. I had the Cuban and loved it… The chef assured me all of the items are fresh and made in house and not from a source like gfs but from a smaller food distributor out of Cleveland which specializes in quality items… From my first visit I was happy with the food, service and feel of the place. It has comfortable furniture and plenty of nice tv’s… Chef Chris also said the hours are being set as of this weekend. He said that they were trying to figure out the hours for the early part of the week but the weekends were Fri/Sat 3pm-230am with the kithcen until 12. He did say that they were open everyday but Sunday at 3:00… I plan on going back Sat and will definetly post about my visit…

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

That was nice of the chef to come out and explain all that to you.

ricospaz
    Participant

Lots of tvs in a fancy restaurant? Fancy

chaptal
    Participant

Welcome to CU.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

So this thread doesn’t go totally to hell, my friend Tanaya is bartending here and she’s awesome…so there’s that :D

johnwashere
    Participant

Uh oh, I hope it doesn’t get ugly!
    Anyways, I actually went yesterday night and really enjoyed it. Pulled pork sliders were excellent (great price at $5), calamari was pretty good and the portion was huge. I know there’s nothing real special on the menu but the food IS good. They only had 4 beers on draft, but I can deal with that. The owner was very nice and took me on a tour.

drew
    Participant

johnwashere said:
    Uh oh, I hope it doesn’t get ugly!
    Anyways, I actually went yesterday night and really enjoyed it. Pulled pork sliders were excellent (great price at $5), calamari was pretty good and the portion was huge. I know there’s nothing real special on the menu but the food IS good. They only had 4 beers on draft, but I can deal with that. The owner was very nice and took me on a tour.

Not having been to McCasky’s, I’m genuinely curious – what is it about this place have that would make you choose it over any of the numerous other restaurants serving almost the exact same menu?

johnwashere
    Participant

drew said:
    Not having been to McCasky’s, I’m genuinely curious – what is it about this place have that would make you choose it over any of the numerous other restaurants serving almost the exact same menu?

I like the idea of the sliders. I think they had 4 types (3 meat , one vegi) for $5 or $6 and come with house made chips. I could get slider combos and have food leftover. I’m pretty picky with my pulled pork and this was one of the better pulled pork sandwiches I have had. Yes, the menu is nothing too special but what I had I really enjoyed. Another reason I will be back is because its so close to me and I can walk there :)

goldenidea
    Participant

what is it about this place have that would make you choose it over any of the numerous other restaurants serving almost the exact same menu?

I haven’t been there yet, but I imagine one feature this restaurant has going for it is that its setting exceeds many alternatives with similar menus. Many restaurants are not located in historic districts within exceptional historic buildings.

Also, there’s the neighborhood appeal and convenience as the previous poster cites. There are a now lot of residences in the Brewery District, and numerous businesses too.

martini2

Coremodels said:
    So this thread doesn’t go totally to hell, my friend Tanaya is bartending here and she’s awesome…so there’s that :D

Is that “T”? If so, she’s a good bartender, very friendly.

News
    Participant

McCasky’s Grille Now Open in The Brewery District
    Published on March 3, 2013 10:00 am
    By: Ayana Wilson

After much anticipation, McCasky’s Grille is finally fully opened in the Brewery District. After months of rehabilitating and redecorating the former Handke’s location, the restaurant and bar, billed as a fun and casual tavern with upscale, gastro pub style fare, opened its doors on February 7th.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/mccaskys-grille-now-open-in-the-brewery-district-aw1

johnwashere
    Participant

Does anyone know if McCaskys is still open? Ive stopped by a couple times in the last week (including Friday night) and they have been closed. No signs are up and the website doesn’t also seem to load. I really hope they didn’t already go out of business. I really enjoyed the place.

susank

Twitter and facebook last updated on May 14th. It has only been open since February.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

FWIW the girl I knew who was bartending there isn’t bartending there anymore…

cbus11

Liked it the one time I dropped in. I think that would be a record if it closed that soon. I imagine the rent couldn’t have been crazy high and there are residents and businesses close by.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE