Our City Online

Messageboard - Food & Drink Events

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

May 21st Snowville Creamery ice cream, plus beer at Hills Market

Home Forums Events Food & Drink Events May 21st Snowville Creamery ice cream, plus beer at Hills Market

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

CMH Gourmand
    Participant

Ice Cream Social with Snowville Creamery at the Hills Market

7860 Olentangy River Rd Columbus (SR 315, just north of 270)

May 21 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.

http://thehillsmarket.typepad.com/inside_the_hills_market/2009/05/ice-cream-social-with-snowville-creamery-may-21-6-pm-9-pm-free.html

Several of my favorite things are pairing up on Thursday Night.

Jill from The Hills teams up with Jen from Snowville Creamery for a night of ice cream (homemade by Snowville Creamery) and beer as well as ice cream with beer (beer floats). There will also be root beer floats for the meek and faint hearted.

The beer floats will be concocted with stouts and lambics. I have crafted these alcoholic desserts several times on my own and the results do combine the best of both worlds. If there is a blender nearby, CMH Gourmand might be able to talk our scoopers into making beershakes as well.

The ice cream will be churned by Snowville’s bike powered ice cream churner. You can not get fresher ice cream anywhere else – unless you make it right after milking the cow.

Warren Taylor and Jen Bhaerman from Snowville will be on hand to help out and answer all questions about Snowville Creamery.

For you bikers out there – The Hills is at the end of the Olentangy Bikes Trail – this could be a ride to remember and an evening not to forget.

There may be more details to come – stay tuned.

CMH Gourmand
    Participant

This will be outside on the Veranda at Hills. For those looking to make a night of it – Hills has pizza and a very good in house deli, there are also a couple of restaurants withing walking distance.

If OSU Lew comes I will give her the low down on Villa Nova.

CMH Gourmand
    Participant

Beer Updates from Jill at the Hills:

Lindeman’s Framboise Lambic
    Buffalo Bill Orange Blossom Cream Ale
    Hoppin’ Frog Boris the Crusher Oatmeal Imperial Stout

$1.00 per sample, or $2.50 to try all three

If you follow Jill or Jen from Snowville on Twitter, they will be tweeting away about the event. If you are nice you might get to pedal the bike to make ice cream.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

CMH Gourmand wrote >>
    This will be outside on the Veranda at Hills. For those looking to make a night of it – Hills has pizza and a very good in house deli, there are also a couple of restaurants withing walking distance.
    If OSU Lew comes I will give her the low down on Villa Nova.

I caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan’t…that’s Pecha Kucha. :(
    But I do loves me some beer floats!

thefiercelime
    Participant

Beer, pizza, ice cream. That’s the ultimate trifecta.

CMH Gourmand
    Participant

Silly Lauren / OSUlew…. why limit yourself to one event – multitask!

Pecha Kucha is awesome (I know from experience, but it does not have beer or homemade ice cream) so cut out a bit early.

Here is part of your Villa Nova info – you have to show at the Hills for the rest.

http://cmhgourmand.com/2006/12/28/villa-nova-home-of-the-big-beer/

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

CMH Gourmand wrote >>
    Silly Lauren / OSUlew…. why limit yourself to one event – multitask!
    Pecha Kucha is awesome (I know from experience, but it does not have beer or homemade ice cream) so cut out a bit early.
    Here is part of your Villa Nova info – you have to show at the Hills for the rest.
    http://cmhgourmand.com/2006/12/28/villa-nova-home-of-the-big-beer/

ohmygodthatsagiantmuggabeer!!!!

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

Brazenhead will also serve you beer in a liter mug, FYI. Not usually, however, for that cheap.

CMH Gourmand
    Participant

OSULEW likes her beer cheap or free – so she can drink more.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

JimL2 wrote >>
    Brazenhead will also serve you beer in a liter mug, FYI. Not usually, however, for that cheap.

Yeah, but to get that I’d have to go to Brazenhead.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

CMH Gourmand wrote >>

I also like it in the can.

Core_Models

osulew wrote >>

CMH Gourmand wrote >>

I also like it in the can.

RoJoNo
    Participant

Anyone else biking up the trail for this?

AnneD

I am really looking forward to this! We’re planning to try the pizza before diving into the ice cream/beer extravaganza. (Not biking, alas.)

michaelcoyote
    Participant

RoJoNo wrote >>
    Anyone else biking up the trail for this?

Considering it…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

The forum ‘Food & Drink Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.

URBAN LIVING TOUR 2020

This year’s Urban Living Tour event has been postponed due to COVID-19, but will be returning later this summer!

CLICK HERE to sign up to be notified when tickets go on sale!