Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Massey's Pizza coming to Grandview

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Massey’s Pizza coming to Grandview

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • Author

BCNation
    Participant

Cadillac of Pizza?

NotaryOne

I grew up in Grandview, which had a large Italian population. Pizza was a staple, with Romeo’s at 5th and N. Star dominating above the hill, and Leonardo’s at NW Blvd on 1st Ave below the hill. Romeo’s was actually the first pizza in Columbus in 1949, and the Massey family is related to that store. They use the same great recipe that has stood for 60 years with the corn-dusted crust and the cup pepperoni.

So glad to see them coming to Grandview; I’m up in the Northwest side, and my only option now is going clear up to Powell.
    As their slogan says, indeed the Cadillac of pizza. Now if they’d only come to Arlington or Dublin…

derm
    derm
    Participant

patient_zero wrote >>
    I wonder if they will have the pizza lunch buffet at this location as well. Sometimes I visit their Beechcroft/161 location and grab a no fuss pizza lunch. They have buffets at Whitehall, Powell, Gahanna, Westerville, and Lancaster.

THe loction has been many things. It is big enough to have some seating from the previous times I was there.

JackieC
    Participant

I saw a “Minute Man Pizza coming soon banner” next to the Emperors New Clothes” off of Grandview Ave. I believe Bono operated from the location a few nights awhile back.

Just an FYI.

bman
    Participant

Antonio’s in Westerville is my #1 … gotta try this Massey’s though. I heard Eagles in New Albany was good but not as good as Antonio’s.

dashinhilliard
    Participant

NotaryOne wrote >>
    I grew up in Grandview, which had a large Italian population. Pizza was a staple, with Romeo’s at 5th and N. Star dominating above the hill, and Leonardo’s at NW Blvd on 1st Ave below the hill. …

I grew up with Leonardo’s Pizza – it was the best. They had quite the mini dynasty with 7 or 8 locations in Columbus and a satellite in Marion. We were patrons of the Lincoln Village shop, off West Broad Street. They all just died in the 90’s, with one final store giving up the ghost in Upper Arlington behind the Big Fat Greek Kwizina in the Scioto View shopping Center. Enrico’s in Dublin comes closest to the Leonardo’s pie now, but their crust can be inconsistent where as Leonardo’s was perfect every time. Ahhhhh memories…=)

Lorence
    Participant

Twixlen wrote >>

asil wrote >>
    I think the Grandview area has the most pizza shops per capita in the world. Not complaining, just saying…

From Westgate, within about a half mile from my house is Josie’s, Donatos, Massey’s, Joseppi’s, Minelli’s…. we are rife with the Za.

And the Papa John’s further west on Sullivant, Kingro’s just east of Hague (Kingor’s is pretty good, they even do an almost decent “NY Style” – not great, but they try and are really nice).
    We mostly bypass all of them and go North on Hague to Sparano’s. Unfortunately, it’s still Columbus Style pizza, but the sauce is EXCELLENT. Also unfortunately, the don’t deliver to Westgate.

Jared
    Jared
    Participant

Grandview = Pizza District

Jared
    Jared
    Participant

Grandview = Pizza District

cory

I had their works pizza not too long ago… The onions and green peppers didn’t seem all the way cooked and there were so many toppings they couldn’t stick to the small slices of crust. Sporamo’s is onw of my favorites. Probably not the healthiest in the world but very good.

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

Analogue Kid wrote >>
    Anybody know of a pizza place that has the option of gluten free crust? So far the only one I know of is Boston’s in the AD.

Mama Mimi’s is going to start offering it.

gramarye
    Participant

Hmm. [Scowl.] I’ve heard of these folks. Weren’t they responsible for a big coal mine blast in West Virginia?

patient_zero
    Participant

gramarye wrote >>
    Hmm. [Scowl.] I’ve heard of these folks. Weren’t they responsible for a big coal mine blast in West Virginia?

What? What? Massey’s Pizza is responsible for a coal mine blast? The farthest they go is Pataskala.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

gramarye wrote >>

Oh geez, gram, I can’t believe you went THERE. LOL

off topic, but good article: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/23/us/23mine.html

LBOWACC

Lol, my father, just flew into Hazard recently, and told me it was “the arm pit of america”.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: