Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Massey's Pizza coming to Grandview

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Massey’s Pizza coming to Grandview

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • Author

The Hegemo

I noticed this morning that in one of the empty storefronts on First across from the Grandview Library, there is a banner up that says Massey’s Pizza.

This was the first I’d heard of them opening a Grandview location, but I did a little internet search and see that they did announce it a couple weeks ago on their Facebook page.

I’ve never tried Massey’s. How is it?

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

It’s delicious. The pepperonis turn into little bowls and theres plenty of em! They use a coarse corn meal or whatever on the bottom of the crust, sauce has a good clean taste, good crispy crust. I love me some Massey’s. Pep, onion and green pepper FTW @ Massey’s.

mt448

Masseys is Columbus pizza. Now, I am not saying it is the best in the city, but it is what I grew up on-and it is what I would describe to someone who asked my about Cbus style pizza. It has this thin cornmeal crust (well, the cornmeal is on the bottom), and it has a wonderful tangy sauce. The cheese is the exact amount-IMO. Also, the pepperoni and mushroom pretty much saved my BF and I when we lived together. MMMM….it sounds so good right now. My hubby is from the Ohio Valley, and he does not like it (Ohio Valley pizza is 360 from Cbus pizza…but killer in its own right). If you like thin crust that is crunchy with tangy sauce…you will love Masseys.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

mt448 wrote >>
    Masseys is Columbus pizza. Now, I am not saying it is the best in the city, but it is what I grew up on-and it is what I would describe to someone who asked my about Cbus style pizza. It has this thin cornmeal crust (well, the cornmeal is on the bottom), and it has a wonderful tangy sauce. The cheese is the exact amount-IMO. Also, the pepperoni and mushroom pretty much saved my BF and I when we lived together. MMMM….it sounds so good right now. My hubby is from the Ohio Valley, and he does not like it (Ohio Valley pizza is 360 from Cbus pizza…but killer in its own right). If you like thin crust that is crunchy with tangy sauce…you will love Masseys.

180°

Lakee911
    Participant

Massey’s is the only Pizza my family would eat growing up. We never had it very much though. I probably haven’t had it in 20 years. I should try it again.

When I do have pizza I like Gatto’s in Clintonville. :) Who’s with me on that?

misskitty
    Participant

The little pepperoni bowls rock , I love Massey’s.

asil
    Participant

I think the Grandview area has the most pizza shops per capita in the world. Not complaining, just saying…

JR

Jeez…How many pizza shops can Grandview handle? I will still stick to Cowtown. The twice baked potato pizza is my favorite.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Lakee911 wrote >>
    Massey’s is the only Pizza my family would eat growing up. We never had it very much though. I probably haven’t had it in 20 years. I should try it again.
    When I do have pizza I like Gatto’s in Clintonville. :) Who’s with me on that?

If I’m getting a pizza delivered, Gatto’s it is. I found out last Friday that when they are busy, they don’t cook it as long and it takes forever… Friday must be a popular pizza night.
    If you like the little bowls, you have to ask for CLASSIC pepperoni @ Gatto’s

agtw31

i always get Gatto’s when im at my brother’s,since Tiburzio’s is no longer in existence

Massey’s is pretty good.

Thory
    Participant

Last time I had Massey’s they used canned mushrooms, and I get hung up on that. I like fresh mushrooms too much. Their crust is good, though.

cc

Sad to say it, but I love the little pepperoni bowls filled with grease…

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

canned mushrooms, FTW! :)

Recently tried Cowtown and wasn’t too impressed.
    Massey’s is okay, but I’m not going to go out of my way to get it.

patient_zero
    Participant

I wonder if they will have the pizza lunch buffet at this location as well. Sometimes I visit their Beechcroft/161 location and grab a no fuss pizza lunch. They have buffets at Whitehall, Powell, Gahanna, Westerville, and Lancaster.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

When I worked in Pickerington I’d go to their lunch buffet quite often. They don’t have it any longer however.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: