Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Market Exchange Extended Stay Hotel

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Market Exchange Extended Stay Hotel

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

Great to see some activity in the Market Exchange District… a new 105 room Home2Suites extended stay hotel proposed for E. Main St, a little east of Grant Ave. It’s not a flashy convention center type of hotel but the fact that 15,000 sqft of ground floor retail is included in the design should be applauded.

BizFirst link

Current site:
    market exchange hotel

Rendering:
    market exchange hotel

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

Seems like that is a nice fit for that quadrant of downtown. Great news.

CB_downtowner
    Participant

Very interesting. I don’t know of many extended stays downtown? Seems like a good idea.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Very interesting. I don’t know of many extended stays downtown? Seems like a good idea.

The Residence Inn on Gay Street has extended stay suites (with kitchenettes, etc) for business travelers. I’ve heard they host a lot of crews/actors for Broadway shows that run a couple of weeks at the Downtown theatres…

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/cmhrd-residence-inn-columbus-downtown/

Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

+1 The more you think of all the extended stay options near other hospitals this seems way overdue… between Grant & Children’s there has to be some significant demand.

Eridony
    Eridony
    Participant

Not a good rendering. I don’t mean the design is bad, but it doesn’t show the depth of the building or how it will look with its neighbors.

I think it would be a nice addition to downtown though and in an area that is mostly forgotten.

Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

Doh, the rendering was cutoff… here’s a quick and dirty attempt to put all the pieces together:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Eridony
    Eridony
    Participant

Thanks Josh!

taxguy17
    Participant

Downtown Commission getting 2nd look at hotel planned for Main Street

http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2015/10/16/downtown-commission-getting-2nd-look-at-hotel.html

News
    Participant

Commission Encouraged by Changes to Main Street Hotel Proposal
    October 23, 2015 12:15 pm – Brent Warren

Representatives of Northstar Realty and Alliance Hospitality were back in front of the Downtown Commission this week to submit a new design for their proposed Home2 Suites extended-stay hotel at 382-404 East Main Street.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusunderground.com/home2-suites-hotel-columbus-bw1

WJT
    Participant

It is much improved. My main concern is about the materials-specifically the quality of said materials. I don’t think some world class design is necessarily in order for this location, but quality materials should be a must.

jbcmh81
    Participant

Still way too boxy and boring for my tastes. It’s HighPoint, hotel style.

WJT
    Participant

Still way too boxy and boring for my tastes. It’s HighPoint, hotel style.

Sadly, if the main facade material in this were brick, this would exceed HighPointe, IMO.

CB_downtowner
    Participant

I mean… it’s an extended stay hotel and it’s not like it’s in the heart of downtown. For that area and for its function, I’m not going to get too hung up on aesthetics.

Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

Big day for downtown development… Hotel plans were approved, construction to start by this spring!

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2015/11/17/Downtown-commission-approves-projects.html

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: