Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Market 65 @ Capitol Square

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Market 65 @ Capitol Square

This topic contains 30 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by murfmurphy murfmurphy 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    murfmurphy
    murfmurphy
    Participant

I noticed something new when I was walking downtown at lunchtime. There are new awnings up near the Hyatt where the old San Francisco Bread Company used to be. The name is Market 65, and below it says grown locally (or flip it, can’t remember). I checked the Googles, but I couldn’t find any information as to what might be opening there.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Great timing. Just got an email from a friend of the folks putting this together. Will have more details soon. ;)

gk

One of the owners is Patrick Katzenmeyer; the other is Anthony Micheli. Best of luck on a successful launch.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Market 65 Opening Soon on Capital Square

Market 65 Opening Soon on Capital Square

gk

Here is the latest on Market 65 which plans to serve breakfast, lunch and dinner.

http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/print-edition/2011/02/04/duo-to-stay-for-dinner-at-65-e-state.html?ana=e_ph

futureman
    Participant

Duo to stay for dinner with Market 65 eatery on Capitol Square
    Business First – by Dan Eaton
    Date: Friday, February 4, 2011, 6:00am EST – Last Modified: Thursday, February 3, 2011, 6:28pm EST

Local doesn’t just describe ownership of the upcoming Market 65 restaurant.

The downtown Columbus eatery, taking the former San Francisco Oven space in the office building at 65 E. State St., will pitch salads and wraps made with Ohio and Midwestern produce and protein to breakfast, lunch and dinner customers.

Yes, the restaurant is going to brave downtown dinner hours when it opens in the next few weeks.

“We’ll see how it goes,” said co-owner Anthony Micheli, who is starting the venture with business partner Patrick Katzenmeyer.

Read more: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/print-edition/2011/02/04/duo-to-stay-for-dinner-at-65-e-state.html

gk

Market 65 will be opening next week and focusing on offering fresh, local foods.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/business/stories/2011/02/15/market-65-focusing-on-fresh-fast-salads-downtown.html

patient_zero
    Participant

After months of sweat equity, Patrick and Anthony sent out emails this morning confirming today’s official opening! I was particularly excited to see them open at 6:30pm when I left work today not just because their email was in my head all day, but also because I hadn’t eaten all day and was ready for something wholesome.

I had the opportunity to engage the new proprietors in conversation before my buddy joined me for dinner, and was excited to try their new offerings. He ordered the Steak and Potato Salad ($8.95): flank steak, romaine, fingerlings, red onion, bell peppers, tomato and Roquefort dressing.

The Columbia River Catch ($10) sounded good to me: salmon, Spring mix, kalamata olives, asparagus, fingerlings, goat cheese and cilantro citrus dressing.

We both agreed the the locally sourced salads were surprisingly fresh and tasty, the best salads we’ve had in a long time. His steak looked a perfect med rare, intermingled with all the other ingredients. My salmon was fresh and succulent, and was enhanced by the olives and local goat cheese and citrus splash. I typically do not pair salads with coffee, but when Stauf’s is the house coffee – why not? The dark roast was delicious, and something I will pick up in the morning from time to time. All the togo products are biodegradable (and house salads served in ceramic bowls), so extra points for their green efforts. Hopefully, food waste and single stream recycling will be implemented in the near future. :]

My only critique for day one is the sliced baguette on the top of the salad – it was pretty tough to chew. Crispy croutons would win me over easily!

When I posted this article about something good to replace San Francisco Oven, I didn’t know we would get something this good!

kitchen view

sixby9is42

Thanks for the review and pictures!

No set closing hours? All I see in your pictures and their website is that they’re open M-F at 7:30am.

BreakfastwithNick
    BreakfastwithNick
    Participant

Thanks for the pics and the review, patient_zero! Congrats to Market 65 on their opening.

patient_zero
    Participant

Thanks sixby and Nick! Patrick said he was aiming at 7:30am – 8pm this week. I for one would be happy if they can keep those hours. They can be reached at 614-564-6565 if you wish to confirm, or place and order.

2thDoc
    Participant

My Hygienist and I just checked out Market 65. Very busy with a long line. The extra hundreds of people downtown for the rally against SB5 didn’t help the line situation. I ordered the El Caribe with grilled chicken instead of shrimp and she ordered a la carte. Cannot say enough about the great decor and friendly staff. They were getting slammed and they didn’t miss a beat. Everything was fresh and tasted great. Would love to see a standard chicken caesar on the menu, though. Great to have another entrepreneurial locally owned and operated business downtown. Check them out!

Tigertree

We had lunch there yesterday. I had the blackened cobb and loved it. The line freaked us out (almost out the other door) but we made it through in under 10 minutes, so don’t be scared off by it.

Pickerington_Kyle
    Participant

Damn, that salad looks delicious! I may have to stop by after school.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: