Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Margaritas

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Margaritas

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author

kellisc

La Fogata is my favorite Mexican joint in Cbus.

kellisc

La Fogata is my favorite Mexican joint in Cbus.

bman
    Participant

Went to La Fogata for the first time a couple of weeks ago. If I was in the SN it is a good option but not worth the drive when I have an El Vaquero half the distance away. Heck I have a Don Patron closer than El Vaquero but I don’t care for Don Patron. Not sure if that Don Patron is still open or not after the drug bust there several weeks ago.

The food at La Fogata was close to El Vaquero and the Paso (?) (their version of a premium margarita) was good but not that good to warrant the drive there just for dinner, plus I had to pay to valet park, something you don’t have to do out here in Suburbia.

howatzer
    Participant

Mouton serves a very good margarita with Don Julio Blanco. A bit pricey, but worth it if you can appreciate it.

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

Bar manager Keith at Surly Girl was a former Tapatio bartender. He still mixes a mean margarita.

CheeseFoodie
    Participant

Ooooo good call Liz, Keith’s margaritas at Tapatio caused me many a long evening of trying (mercifully without luck) to find my car;)

bman
    Participant

lizless wrote >>
    Bar manager Keith at Surly Girl was a former Tapatio bartender. He still mixes a mean margarita.

Good to know …

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

I think it’s time to update this topic. Where are the best margaritas in Cbus in 2015?

mols0917
    Participant

I think that Chile Verde on Sawmill and Bethel has the best classic margarita in town. I think that the spicy margarita at M is one of the best specialty margaritas, with the Harvest margarita being a close second. I recently went to Nada and was impressed with the margarita I had there too.

Chili Verde hands down. They just can’t be beat IMO. Big fan of Cantina Laredo’s as well.

Walter_White
    Participant

Bakersfield’s in the Short North have my favorite margaritas in the city. Fresh juices squeezed on the spot – served in cocktail glasses with cubed ice….love it

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

Best Margaritas are made by me, made some last night.

Juice from a fresh squeezed lime.
    Juice from a half an orange.
    1/2 ouce of simple syrup.
    1 ouce of Patron
    1/2 ounce of Grand Marnier.
    Shake well, pour over ice, enjoy!

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Condado is the best IMO. and half off at happy hour.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

My mother’s tradition was to stir the margarita with the knife that sliced the limes.

Just for the heck of it, what’s the worst you’ve had? My worst have been ones that you can see through – never mind real limes or a “sour” mix, when the drink looks like lime kool-aid it’s not going to be a good one.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE