Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Margaritas

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Margaritas

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

Tenzo wrote >>
    Margaritta … Margaritta … margaritta

Jesus dude, seriously? You misspelled the name of the drink that is both the topic and the one-word title of this thread? Maybe you’re having trouble finding a good one because you’re searching for the wrong word.

Speaking of which, I couldn’t figure out why you spelled it correctly during the second half of your post until I realized that all the correct spellings were part of the recipe.

patient_zero
    Participant

osulew wrote >>
    I think Banana Bean served me the only margarita I’ve ever had in Columbus that used fresh, real lime juice instead of a mix.

They use fresh lime at Fiesta Jalisco.

I’ve wondered how they are made at Cantina Laredo near Polaris (home of the $10 tableside guacamole).

somertimeoh
    Participant

HHAHAHA, so really it was just more of the Rick Bayless jerkfest we’ve come to expect from Tenzo. Who’s surprised?!? :)

Cookie

I demand more JimL2 jerkfest!

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Keep all the jerking away from my margaritas.

patient_zero wrote >>
    There’s a Mexican Restaurant on the North end named Fiesta Jalisco. Fresh baked chips (ask for the salsa burro as well as their house salsa), excellent entrees, huge booths to sink in, and great margaritas. Their margarita night is Thursday ($3.25), but I order mine with Cazadores Tequila. They have a variety of margaritas to choose from as well – like the Cadillac.
    http://www.fiestajalisco.com/

I would go there just because their website is fucking awesome!

blammo
    Participant

graphikartistry wrote >>

patient_zero wrote >>
    There’s a Mexican Restaurant on the North end named Fiesta Jalisco. Fresh baked chips (ask for the salsa burro as well as their house salsa), excellent entrees, huge booths to sink in, and great margaritas. Their margarita night is Thursday ($3.25), but I order mine with Cazadores Tequila. They have a variety of margaritas to choose from as well – like the Cadillac.
    http://www.fiestajalisco.com/

I would go there just because their website is fucking awesome!

you just don’t see enough dancing .gifs these days. and who doesn’t want the Mexican Hat Dance automatically blaring from their work computer?

paktinat

does anyone remember the late night El Vaquero tv ads that featured the talking bell pepper on horse back?

MamaT

I love me some margarita but most places mix gives me serious heartburn..booo getting old sucks. I would have to say Outback Steakhouse has the best margarita, its $3.50 all the time and they make their own mix, that and the free brown bread is pretty tasty.

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant

Just had some el vaquero last night – margaritalicious.

Daz
    Participant

osulew wrote >>
    I think Banana Bean served me the only margarita I’ve ever had in Columbus that used fresh, real lime juice instead of a mix.

This is how I make them at my home.

Two shots silver patron
    1/2 shot triple sec
    1/2 squeezed lime
    two cubes
    salt the rim

That’s my favorite.

On the other hand, the Barack-a-rita has been known to cause a great time.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

The old tradition in this house is to stir the drink with the same knife that cut the limes.

I would complain about the way almost every restaurant assumes you want crushed ice unless you ask otherwise, but that probably says more about the tastes of the customers here than it does about the competence of the restaurants.

Just don’t give me a margarita I can see through like lime-aid. I’ve never gone back to any restaurant that serves crap like that.

this reminded me of one more thing I like about Easton….as unpopular as this answer will be, I have to say the best margarita I’ve had in town was at that McCormick and Schmidts Place. the food is bad, but their fresh juice squeezed margaritas are quite good.

Any new thoughts on a place for margaritas? My wife’s birthday is this weekend and she wants more of a bar setting than a restaurant like El Vaquero, Jalisco, etc. I’d like to go to an independent establishment instead of a chain, though it doesn’t have to be a Mexican place. She’s thinking Easton or Polaris but I’d like to stay away from there. Thoughts?

shmack

Park Street Cantina? La Fogata?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE