Our City Online

Messageboard - Comedy Events

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Marc Maron

Home Forums Events Comedy Events Marc Maron

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Cookie

murfmurphy said:
    OH! There is a Morgan Spurlock show on Hulu that followed Marc around for the day. He has almost a full studio set up in his garage. You just reminded me of it.

Sweet. Gonna watch this on my lunch break.

jennyschu
    Participant

How does he feel about other comedian podcasters who have emulated WTF (Pete Holmes)?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Thanks for all of the great questions everyone! I’ll see how many I can squeeze into the allotted time. ;)

cbuster

Here’s another one, if you have time;

Does he have any interest in interviewing people from the world of politics? He hasn’t yet, as far as I can remember, and he did have that stint on Air America when he talked about politics a lot..

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

So here we go… hopefully I did this justice. What do you think, Cookie?

—————-

Marc Maron Seeking his Columbus Audience
    Published on February 13, 2013 11:30 pm
    By: Walker

Without further ado, here’s the full transcript of my twenty minute conversation with Mister Marc Maron from earlier today. I hope that it’s enjoyable.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/marc-maron-seeking-his-columbus-audience

Cookie

Walker said:
    So here we go… hopefully I did this justice. What do you think, Cookie?

I liked it. Was he intimidating to interview?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Cookie said:
    I liked it. Was he intimidating to interview?

I was certainly nervous at first, but he was pretty chatty and friendly, so I think my nervousness dissipated pretty quickly.

Looking forward to the show on Friday!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Good show last night. Never heard of his opener (Mike Lawrence), but enjoyed his nerdy set and jokes about TMNT and Spaceballs:

Marc was all over the map, which was highly entertaining. Told a few stories (including a quick local one about The North Market), had some banter with a couple of idiots in the audience, and rambled through plenty of random stories from hotel rooms across the country. Though most of the audience had already heard his Mel Brooks story (myself included, and I’m just a beginner in his podcast listenership) he went through it at the insistance of one lone woman in the crowd who hadn’t heard it. Still fun.

Consider me cemented as a fan as of last night.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

The forum ‘Comedy Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE