Our City Online

Messageboard - Comedy Events

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Marc Maron

Home Forums Events Comedy Events Marc Maron

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #95764
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

    Marc Maron: Out of the Garage
    Capitol Theatre

    77 S High St, Columbus, OH 43215
    Fri, Feb 15, 2013 08:00 PM

    Tickets: http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/05004994AFF7AB60

    #533654

    ricospaz
    Participant

    Maron is great. Really interesting guy

    #533655
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

    I’ve only listened to maybe 5 or 6 of his podcast episodes so far, but have enjoyed every single one of them.

    #533656

    cbuster
    Member

    I’ve been addicted to the podcast for awhile now, great stuff. Last week he said this show hasn’t been selling well and wondered if he had people in Columbus.. looks like it’s picked up, hopefully he gets a sell-out cause I’d like him to come back in the future.

    #533657

    jennyschu
    Participant

    I bought tickets the minute I heard about the show. If anyone is not familiar with Marc Maron, his podcast is great and standup is even better. This would be the perfect date night for Valentine’s Day weekend. Buy tickets now, you won’t regret it!!!

    #533658
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

    So, I just got offered the opportunity to interview Marc on the phone prior to his show here in Columbus.

    What kind of questions should I ask him? What do you all want to know about him that you don’t already know?

    #533659

    Cookie
    Member

    Walker said:
    So, I just got offered the opportunity to interview Marc on the phone prior to his show here in Columbus.

    What kind of questions should I ask him? What do you all want to know about him that you don’t already know?

    Marc Maron’s material is pretty intensely personal, and I don’t know that there’s really much left that people who have been listening to him for a while don’t already know. In fact, there are things I sort of wish I didn’t know about him. He’ll probably want to know about some good places to eat from you though.

    #533660
    murfmurphy
    murfmurphy
    Participant

    Cookie said:
    Marc Maron’s material is pretty intensely personal, and I don’t know that there’s really much left that people who have been listening to him for a while don’t already know. In fact, there are things I sort of wish I didn’t know about him. He’ll probably want to know about some good places to eat from you though.

    I completely agree. He seems to be an open book when it comes to what he puts out on his podcast. I would listen to his 100th episode maybe (I think). It’s the one he did with Mike Birbiglia and Mike interviewed Marc. It might give you an idea of clarifying questions to ask him. Also, I think he has a show coming up on IFC soon. You could ask about that.

    I don’t envy you in trying to put something together for the interview. Is it tougher to interview someone like him? I would think coming up with solid questions would be difficult due to the sheer amount of personal information that is already available.

    Good luck

    #533661
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

    Cookie said:
    Marc Maron’s material is pretty intensely personal, and I don’t know that there’s really much left that people who have been listening to him for a while don’t already know. In fact, there are things I sort of wish I didn’t know about him. He’ll probably want to know about some good places to eat from you though.

    Yeah, that’s kind of why I wanted to ask. A guy who’s talked for over 400 hours has put a lot out there. And as someone who’s only tuned in for 8 episodes thus far, I don’t have the full background of every single subject he’s hit.

    Also, “interviewing an interviewer” is a tough thing to do. I think I’ve managed to cobble together something that I hope turns out interesting enough in less than 24 hours notice. Talking to him at 1pm. ;)

    Thanks for the heads up on good places to eat!

    #533662

    Cookie
    Member

    Walker said:
    Yeah, that’s kind of why I wanted to ask. A guy who’s talked for over 400 hours has put a lot out there. And as someone who’s only tuned in for 8 episodes thus far, I don’t have the full background of every single subject he’s hit.

    Also, “interviewing an interviewer” is a tough thing to do. I think I’ve managed to cobble together something that I hope turns out interesting enough in less than 24 hours notice. Talking to him at 1pm. ;)

    Thanks for the heads up on good places to eat!

    Well, he was an early adopter of podcasting, and it completely transformed his career. You could ask him about podcasting in general, and I don’t know if I’ve ever heard him mention podcasts that he listens to.

    #533663
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

    Cookie said:
    Well, he was an early adopter of podcasting, and it completely transformed his career. You could ask him about podcasting in general, and I don’t know if I’ve ever heard him mention podcasts that he listens to.

    Good idea. I was thinking about asking a bit about the technical side of things. I dunno if he’s talked about it in the past, but he makes it sound like it’s just him in the garage, and I wonder what sort of staff or support he has with research, post-production, advertising sales, pr, or anything else. Or is it all just run by cats?

    #533664

    Cookie
    Member

    Walker said:
    Good idea. I was thinking about asking a bit about the technical side of things. I dunno if he’s talked about it in the past, but he makes it sound like it’s just him in the garage, and I wonder what sort of staff or support he has with research, post-production, advertising sales, pr, or anything else. Or is it all just run by cats?

    It’s mostly just him. I think he has at least one person helping him now, but I’m not sure exactly what they do. He likes to nerd out on stuff, so he might enjoy talking about the technical side of how he does it all.

    #533665

    Cookie
    Member

    Oh, and speaking of nerding out, he’s all about his new stereo right now, so he would probably appreciate it if you could point him to some good places for vinyl. (I vote for Used Kids and Lost Weekend, but he’s probably staying downtown, and you’re more familiar with what’s around there.)

    #533666
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

    Cookie said:
    Oh, and speaking of nerding out, he’s all about his new stereo right now, so he would probably appreciate it if you could point him to some good places for vinyl. (I vote for Used Kids and Lost Weekend, but he’s probably staying downtown, and you’re more familiar with what’s around there.)

    Ah, yes. I imagine Vinyl Frontier and Spoonful Records are both within walking distance of where he’s staying if he’s Downtown.

    #533667
    murfmurphy
    murfmurphy
    Participant

    Walker said:
    Good idea. I was thinking about asking a bit about the technical side of things. I dunno if he’s talked about it in the past, but he makes it sound like it’s just him in the garage, and I wonder what sort of staff or support he has with research, post-production, advertising sales, pr, or anything else. Or is it all just run by cats?

    OH! There is a Morgan Spurlock show on Hulu that followed Marc around for the day. He has almost a full studio set up in his garage. You just reminded me of it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

The forum ‘Comedy Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE