Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Man Kept out of Arena District Bar Because of Air Jordans

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Man Kept out of Arena District Bar Because of Air Jordans

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

cheap

Columbus Dispatch:

By Ally Marotti

Quote:
    Larry Chatman just wanted a beer, but his sneakers got in the way.

Chatman, his fiancee, Shannon Brant, and some friends left ComFest on June 23 and ended up in the Arena District that night.But when they tried to get into Park Street Patio, an employee stopped Chatman at the door.

“A bouncer told me I wasn’t allowed in because I had (Air) Jordans on,” said Chatman, 30, who lives in Reynoldsburg and works for the Defense Department. “I kind of laughed it off as a joke, and then (he) stated he was serious.”

He was told that Air Jordan sneakers violated the bar’s dress code, but he saw other patrons wearing sneakers.

Read More

I have never gotten into brothers. I have been told the tail on my polo shirt was too long and flat brim hats were nit allowed. I bent the brim of my hat and said I still couldn’t come in because I bent it in front of them.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

30 year olds in Jordan’s…who knew! Put some grown up footwear on broski.

cheap

local champion said:
    I have never gotten into brothers. I have been told the tail on my polo shirt was too long and flat brim hats were nit allowed. I bent the brim of my hat and said I still couldn’t come in because I bent it in front of them.

you should have had a Grandview Heights police officer walk you to the door.

heck,i had one check the oil in my car for me while i was sitting at a light.

mrpoppinzs

Lol, looks like he voted with his feet. Not necessarily a fan but their bar, their rules. Park Street can be and often is douchey, but that is nothing new and not groundbreaking news.

groundrules
    Participant

jbcmh81
    Participant

cheap said:
    Columbus Dispatch:

By Ally Marotti

Larry Chatman just wanted a beer, but his sneakers got in the way.

Chatman, his fiancee, Shannon Brant, and some friends left ComFest on June 23 and ended up in the Arena District that night.But when they tried to get into Park Street Patio, an employee stopped Chatman at the door.

“A bouncer told me I wasn’t allowed in because I had (Air) Jordans on,” said Chatman, 30, who lives in Reynoldsburg and works for the Defense Department. “I kind of laughed it off as a joke, and then (he) stated he was serious.”

He was told that Air Jordan sneakers violated the bar’s dress code, but he saw other patrons wearing sneakers.

Read More

For some reason, the couple bars there are extremely strict on dress code. I’ve had friends turned away for having a necklace on.

redsriot

I got turned away for “too long” shorts in Arena. The bouncer had longer shorts.

NerosNeptune
    Participant

Weird.. I’ve only ever seen one person get turned away for dress code, Cantina wouldn’t let some guys in who’s pants were hanging down too low. Other than that I’ve never seen it be an issue, particularly not at Brothers. Maybe the dress code is more strict for people with certain characteristics that they want to keep out?

buckeye54
    Participant

Yeah the whole dress code thing seems like its hit or miss to me.I went to park st patio over the weekend and a guy in front of us got turned away for wearing jean shorts although they were more of tight hipster variety that I see all over the place. Needless to say he wasn’t pleased. I was 100% positive after that incident that a guy in our party who was wearing a Pittsburgh pirates jersey would get turned away especially after hearing about the no jordans,flat brim caps,jerseys thing but he had absolutely no problems at all, in fact the bouncer made some sort of reds-pirates rivalry joke.Weird.

buckeye54
    Participant

cheap said:
    you should have had a Grandview Heights police officer walk you to the door.

heck,i had one check the oil in my car for me while i was sitting at a light.

Walker, can he be banned finally? This old man spends his entire day antagonizing others. I am scared of him and his fetish.

myliftkk
    Participant

NerosNeptune said:
    Maybe the dress code is more strict for people with certain characteristics that they want to keep out?

Word on the street (long before this conversation) has always been that.

peanutnozone
    Participant

NerosNeptune said:
    Maybe the dress code is more strict for people with certain characteristics that they want to keep out?

Definitely. I was deined entry for shoes once, but I was dressed pretty conservatively. I also got kicked out of Long Street Live because I was dancing with my boyfriend at the time. So I always tack it up to that. They want a certain clientele.

lakeerietransplant
    Participant

It always makes me laugh when I read that the lamest bars are the ones with the dress codes.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE