Our City Online

Messageboard - Shopping

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Man Cans - Candles for Men

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Shopping Man Cans – Candles for Men

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author

Static-X

thecandlelab wrote >>
    Thanks for that – I thought your list looked familiar.
    And you know we are still open in Grandview, right? We are down next to the movie theater, just south of Jeni’s and Stauf’s. Not everyone knows we relocated.
    Enjoy the candles!

Yes, I know exactly where your store is located in GV. And I will be visiting very soon. Thank you for the great scents.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Static-X wrote >>

thecandlelab wrote >>
    I know this is half in jest, but we deal with this “smelly candles are only for chicks” nonsense all the time.
    Here is the reality – your place already smells like something. It might be black cherry, or it might be last night’s chinese, or maybe just loneliness and mildew, but there is a scent to the spaces where you work and live. Why wouldn’t you want to make conscious decisions about which scents you want? You already spend time picking wall colors and pillow/rug combos that work with the wall colors – why isn’t scent one of those interior design elements you consider?
    OK – climbing down off the soapbox now. Thanks for listening.

I actually bought many soy candles from your store in GV before it was destroyed in the fire. Thanks for all the great scents.

I remember that fire. Smelled like patchouli.

Static-X

rus wrote >>

Static-X wrote >>

thecandlelab wrote >>
    I know this is half in jest, but we deal with this “smelly candles are only for chicks” nonsense all the time.
    Here is the reality – your place already smells like something. It might be black cherry, or it might be last night’s chinese, or maybe just loneliness and mildew, but there is a scent to the spaces where you work and live. Why wouldn’t you want to make conscious decisions about which scents you want? You already spend time picking wall colors and pillow/rug combos that work with the wall colors – why isn’t scent one of those interior design elements you consider?

I actually bought many soy candles from your store in GV before it was destroyed in the fire. Thanks for all the great scents.

Rus, you’re just like school in summer time, NO CLASS!

rus
    rus
    Participant

Static-X wrote >>

rus wrote >>

Static-X wrote >>

thecandlelab wrote >>

Rus, you’re just like school in summer time, NO CLASS!

Were you shaking your walker while telling a joke that old?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Young Entrepreneur Grows ManCans Nationally
    By Walker | May 25, 2011 12:30pm

A few months ago, ManCans caught some attention on the Columbus Underground messageboard. This new local candle company is the creation of Hart Main, an eighth-grader in Marysville who decided to take an early plunge into entrepreneurialism.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/young-entrepreneur-grows-mancans-nationally

pez
    Participant

Looks like Goliath caught wind of this, oddly similar scents too…

SOUTH DEERFIELD, Mass. – On Tuesday Yankee Candle unleashed its latest fragrances, and they’re not your typical spices and flowers.
    The “Man Candles” collection features such manly smells as “Riding Mower” which is described by the company as: “Hot Sun. Cool Breeze. And the intensely summer scent of freshly cut grass.”

Read more: http://www.wcvb.com/news/money/Yankee-Candle-launches-manly-scented-candle-line/-/9848680/13414654/-/12y2et5z/-/index.html#ixzz1veDaAxyl

bucki12

I applaud Hart for his business savvy and have bought a few of his candles. I have also purchased similar male oriented scented candles in NYC going back 8 or 9 years ago (my mother loves candles, I like to get her different scents at holidays). The scented candle for a man is really not that new and I think Yankee Trader is not stealing an idea but seeing a profit margin in what was a more niche area.

News
    Participant

Young entrepreneur — Hart Main, 17, owns successful candle business
    By Alex Knisely
    GateHouse Ohio Media
    Posted Jul. 26, 2015 at 1:00 PM

When teens want to earn extra cash, some will get a paper route or mow a neighbor’s lawn. Hart Main chose to start his own company. The goal: buy a $1,200 bike to compete in triathlons. So in 2010, at the age of 13, Main established ManCans, a candle company that sells “manly” scents — in a soup can.

Over the past five years, ManCans candles have gone from being made in Main’s kitchen and sold to family and friends, to being made at Beaver Creek Candle Company and sold in nearly 150 stores across the United States. ManCans also has donated thousands of dollars to soup kitchens. To date, Main’s company has given 100,000 cans of soup and $35,000 to 25 soup kitchens in four states.

READ MORE: http://www.indeonline.com/article/20150726/NEWS/150729753

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Woah awesome news!

I actually thought this was going to be about man boobs

Nancy H
    Participant

I need some of those ones that make the house smell like I just cleaned. Already have the Rus “wet dog” smell covered.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

I actually thought this was going to be about man boobs

+1

michaeljordan
    Participant

I wanted to tell u about vegan sites which provides all type of candles. They provide all organic candles. ai have use them and can tell u the are the best i ever seen. Their are many more vegan product on addresschic and some are too good. It is an online ordering pages with good product.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

The forum ‘Shopping’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: