Our City Online

Messageboard - TV

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Making a Murderer (Netflix Original Series)

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion TV Making a Murderer (Netflix Original Series)

This topic contains 23 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  RedStorm 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

RedStorm
    Participant

Surprised in the popularity of this program. Production seems just like a typical court TV series or dateline episode. I’m only 2 episodes in but have found nothing special about it.

What CoreModels said.

I’m not sure what you were expecting in terms of production value. The bulk of the episodes take place in 2005. Technology has changed quite a bit in the last 10 years.

The popularity of the show is not because of the production value, or lack thereof. For me, it really got interesting after episode 4. If the story just isn’t your thing, then it’s not your thing. I don’t see why the perceived “production value” would have anything to do with it.

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

so 610 WTVN is pushing the rebutting a murderer podcast, any thoughts?

http://www.iheart.com/show/139-Rebutting-a-Murderer/

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

so 610 WTVN is pushing the rebutting a murderer podcast, any thoughts?

http://www.iheart.com/show/139-Rebutting-a-Murderer/

I read far enough to see “Dan O’Donnell counters the defense’s claim that Brendan Dassey’s was coerced” and realized whatever show they are doing is nonsense.

You can claim there is lots of stuff the documentary didn’t show, but what it did show…in crystal clarity…was Brendan Dassey being coerced repeatedly.

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

If you think Steven Avery was framed, this piece by Kathryn Schulz might be cause to think again.
    Dead Certainty
    How “Making a Murderer” goes wrong.

BY KATHRYN SCHULZ

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/01/25/dead-certainty?

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

If you think Steven Avery was framed, this piece by Kathryn Schulz might be cause to think again.

The thing is, you can absolutely believe he was framed without having an ounce of surety regarding his innocence. I think too many people have made that jump in logic, personally, and have serious doubts about his innocence.

Even guilty people deserve a fair trial without compromised evidence and police misconduct. He didn’t have that.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Most of the people who think he’s guilty are Trump supporters.

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

yes, big Trump supporters at the New Yorker.

Jeffersin
    Jeffersin
    Participant

What CoreModels said.

The popularity of the show is not because of the production value, or lack thereof. For me, it really got interesting after episode 4. If the story just isn’t your thing, then it’s not your thing. I don’t see why the perceived “production value” would have anything to do with it.

The series was created for entertainment, why wouldn’t production value have anything to do with it?

RedStorm
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>RedStorm wrote:</div>
    What CoreModels said.

The series was created for entertainment, why wouldn’t production value have anything to do with it?

Then you missed the point.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

The forum ‘TV’ is closed to new topics and replies.