Our City Online

Messageboard - Shopping

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Maker of Twinkies and Hostess asks to Liquidate

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Shopping Maker of Twinkies and Hostess asks to Liquidate

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Author

Bear
    Participant

Walker said:
    In photo format!

http://eschlimanphoto.com/twinkie/

Like Momma always said, “No sodium stearoyl lactylate until you’ve finished your dinner.”

misskitty
    Participant

Bear said:
    Like Momma always said, “No sodium stearoyl lactylate until you’ve finished your dinner.”

That was interesting I think it just did me in on Twinkies.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Bear said:

Yeah, but dinner probably includes sodium stearoyl lactylate too. ;)

News
    Participant

Mediation fails to yield pact between Twinkie maker Hostess Brands and bakers union
    By Bloomberg News
    on November 20, 2012

Hostess Brands Inc. failed to reach a deal with union representatives during a mediation session aimed at preventing the Twinkie maker from liquidating and eliminating more than 18,000 jobs.

READ MORE: http://www.cleveland.com/business/index.ssf/2012/11/mediation_fails_to_yield_pact.html#incart_river

News
    Participant

Hostess selling Wonder bread brand
    Candice Choi, AP1:13a.m. EST January 12, 2013

Hostess has found a new home for its most popular breads, including the iconic Wonder bread. The bankrupt maker of Twinkies, Devil Dogs and other snack cakes said late Friday that it selected bids by rival bakery Flower Foods to buy six of its bread brands for $390 million. Flower Foods, based in Thomasville, Ga., is best known for Tastykakes but also makes breads including Nature’s Own and Cobblestone Mill.

READ MORE: http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/01/11/hostess-wonder-bread-buyer/1828245/

News
    Participant

PBR parent a lead bidder for Twinkies, other Hostess cake brands
    By Tiffany Hsu and Ricardo Lopez
    January 29, 2013, 10:04 a.m.

The dismantling of Hostess Brands Inc. continued this week as bidders, including the owner of Pabst Brewing Co., emerged to buy the bankrupt company’s bread and cake brands.

READ MORE: http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-mo-pbr-apollo-metropoulos-hostess-drakes-20130129,0,4690798.story

myliftkk
    Participant

Does that mean you’ll be able to get a Twinkie and a Tallboy combo at Surly Girl?

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

I had Nickles Bakery’s version of the chocolate cupcakes and they were pretty good, as far as those go. I didn’t know they made them, found them at broad st bp

News
    Participant

Flowers Foods tapped to buy most of Hostess bread
    Published: 3/1/2013
    BLADE STAFF AND NEWS SERVICES

NEW YORK — Flowers Foods Inc. has been chosen as the buyer for the majority of Hostess’ bread brands and bakery operations, including the Northwood baking operation. The $360 million bid submitted by Flowers Foods, of Thomasville, Ga., was declared the highest, best bid prior to a court-ordered action that was to be held Thursday. Because no other bids were received for the bread brands, Flowers Foods was declared the winner without the auction occurring.

READ MORE: http://www.toledoblade.com/Economy/2013/03/01/Flowers-Foods-tapped-to-buy-most-of-Hostess-bread.html

News
    Participant

Twinkies, Hostess snacks back in stores today
    Tribune staff reports
    7:10 a.m. CDT, July 15, 2013

After an 8-month hiatus, Twinkies snack cakes return to store shelves today, made under new ownership and with a slightly different recipe that extends their shelf life by about three weeks.

Also returning are Ding Dongs, CupCakes and the rest of the Hostess snack family, now owned by private equity firms Apollo Global Management and C. Dean Metropoulous & Co. The firms bought the brands for $410 million when Hostess abruptly shut down amid labor band financial troubles in November.

READ MORE: http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/breaking/chi-twinkies-20130715,0,6952668.story

News
    Participant

More cakes to the shelves: Devil Dogs, Ring Dings and Yodels among Twinkie treats returning next month
    From ASSOCIATED PRESS
    Last Updated: 12:07 PM, August 5, 2013

Twinkies are already back on shelves and now the new owners of Drake’s cakes say Coffee Cakes, Devil Dogs, Ring Dings and Yodels will return next month.

READ MORE: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/treats_cakes_yodels_among_shelves_kppyhYc0vxzhTM8sxZLsWM

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

updating with this press release. Anyone who loves chocolate?

Hostess® Announces The Return of Chocodile™ Twinkies®

Coveted Chocolate Covered Cakes Will Be Available Nationwide for the First Time in Hostess History

Kansas City, MO – July 7, 2014 – Previously so elusive that they inspired a black market following, Hostess® Chocodile™ Twinkies® will be reintroduced this week and will be available in stores nationwide for the first time.

With production and distribution in the past limited to the West Coast, Chocodiles developed a cult-like following, appearing on unsanctioned social media pages and auction sites, with reports of the rare chocolate covered Twinkie selling for upwards of $30 for a box. The fun-sized urban legend now will become a permanent part of the Hostess family, nearly a year after the company staged the “Sweetest Comeback in the History of Ever.”

“In the past Chocodiles seemed to be shrouded as much in mystery as in chocolate, inspiring an obsession among fans that was truly the stuff of legends,” said William Toler, President and CEO of Hostess Brands, LLC. “Now, fanatics will once again be able to satisfy their cravings and a new generation will be able to experience the magic for the first time.”

As part of the Summer of Twinkies®, Hostess lovers and Choco-philes can enjoy a variety of Twinkie flavors in addition to Chocodiles, including Chocolate Crème, Strawberry Crème and Banana Crème.

Hostess is also inviting fans to submit Twinkies-inspired recipes for a chance to be included in the new edition of The Twinkies Cookbook. Visit hostesscakes.com to submit before the July 31, 2014 deadline. From the recipes received, a collection will be chosen for inclusion in the comeback edition of The Twinkies Cookbook. Creators of the recipes selected will be notified soon afterwards. All submissions become property of Hostess Brands, LLC.

L.I. to Buckeye
    Participant

Chocodiles were my favorite childhood treat.
    I even scoped them out on the internet a few years ago because I have such great memories of them. I never ordered them, though. $30 a box was a bit insane.

I need to buy a box now when I see them, just to make my inner-child squee.

patient_zero
    Participant

I bought a box of Chocodiles at the local Meijer. They tasted like a Ho Ho. I think I was expecting more in flavor and texture than I experienced, considering the cult following. My neighbor enjoyed them in Phoenix growing up and said these are not as good. The creme filling was lighter then and the cake was a Twinkie consistency and less of a cake consistency that we had today.

Has anyone tried them recently?

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)

The forum ‘Shopping’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: