Our City Online

Messageboard - Film

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Mad Max: Fury Road

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Film Mad Max: Fury Road

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

OneBagTravel
    Participant

People are loving it because it’s actually not Michael Bay-ish but actually has a point to the madness.

bayrea
    Participant

I think this relates in a weird way to Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull, but opposite. Everyone was psyched about a new Indy movie but what they got was CGI crap that was unwatchable. What the 1st three Indy movies brought you was spectacular stunts and set pieces done practically. They might not have been the most mind blowing stunts but they felt real and you felt like the character was in real danger. I think this is what Mad Max will bring us on Friday.

ricospaz
    Participant

Saw this last night. Nice that theaters are doing earlier sneaks than Midnight.. Great action movie, not sure if even 100 words are spoken. Charlize Theron may be the worst part of it.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

Saw this last night. Nice that theaters are doing earlier sneaks than Midnight.. Great action movie, not sure if even 100 words are spoken. Charlize Theron may be the worst part of it.

Out of the dozen or so reviews I have read/listened to, almost every one of them says that she is the best character in the movie. Not a Charlize Theron fan, huh?

bayrea
    Participant

Dude what are you smoking?? She was the coolest character next to flaming guitar guy.

geoyui
    Participant

Finally saw this movie and I really enjoyed it. Charlize was badass and the visuals and choreography were amazing. Only issue I really had was that the dialogue (what little there was) was sometimes hard to understand. Great overall though.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

The guitar thing was completely terrible. And they kept bringing it back hoping it would somehow work at another time in the movie.

dumb/cheese factor very high.

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

I thought the movie was great. My girlfriend loved it too which was even more surprising.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

Hilarious!! Just reminded me how bat shit crazy those guitar scenes were.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

GCrites80s
    Participant

That would make a really good, really expensive Neo-Geo home brew cart.

Eridony
    Eridony
    Participant

I just watched the movie for the first time yesterday. I had never cared too much about Mad Max before, but that movie was really fun.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

The forum ‘Film’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: