Our City Online

Messageboard - Film

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Mad Max: Fury Road

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Film Mad Max: Fury Road

This topic contains 27 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Eridony Eridony 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

geoyui
    Participant

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

I was originally not interested in this, another remake that didn’t need remade…but this looks like a pretty fresh and awesome take. Now I’m excited about it.

geoyui
    Participant

This trailer looks pretty intense. Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome was my first R rated movie I saw in the theaters, so I’ll probably go and see this.

RBloodworth
    Participant

I hate to burst your bubble, but Thunderdome was rated PG-13. Hopefully, this one will be a return to the more savage, vicious atmosphere from the first two movies. This trailer certainly looks promising.

geoyui
    Participant

I hate to burst your bubble, but Thunderdome was rated PG-13.

I searched hi and low for info on whether it had an R rating. Only found 1 page that I think may have been an error on Roger Ebert’s website. Bummer.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

The Road Warrior was superior to Beyond Thunderdome in every way…and this looks more like The Road Warrior.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

geoyui
    Participant

El Diablo Einstein
    Participant

CGI and action till you puke.

That’s what that trailer looks like.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Wow… 99% on RT? Sounds like a winner!

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/mad_max_fury_road/

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

“one of the most epic action extravaganzas of recent years. It’s enough to renew your faith in movies.” -Boston Globe

“It speaks volumes for the sheer ferocious awesome insane greatness of “Mad Max: Fury Road”” – Richard Roeper

“he’s returned to his own post-apocalyptic world and created an exceptional, fearless and poetic masterpiece that’s primed to become a modern classic” – Associated Press

That’s some pretty high praise. I’m definitely going to see this.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

What a day. Oh, what a lovely day. From everything I’ve heard, it sounds like its the most bat-shit crazy action flick in years. A villain with a flaming guitar axe. Sold! Got our tickets for Friday night. It will be refreshing to see something this epic without CG effects. Avengers kind of numbed my brain a bit.

News
    Participant

Film Review: Mad Max: Fury Road
    May 14, 2015 8:30 am – Hope Madden

Holy shit.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/film-review-mad-max-fury-road-hm1

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

It will be refreshing to see something this epic without CG effects.

Wait, what? Those trailers are full of fake explosions.

Compare to the old school, stuff a military rocket booster into a car.

bayrea
    Participant

I am psyched about this too. But I really want somebody to make a fake trailer for it with a voiceover saying “From the director of Happy Feet and Babe: Pig in the City”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

The forum ‘Film’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: