Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Machete attack at Nazareth on Hamilton Rd

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Machete attack at Nazareth on Hamilton Rd

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 112 total)
  • Author

Cbussmallbiz
    Participant

Pretty telling that in response to an apparent act of lone wolf Muslim terrorism people’s response here is to turn to attacking ccw permit holders. You guys can’t get out of your own way with self righteous straw man delusions. You see 3 Twitter posts and lose it. Maybe you should be upset about the hate filled guy that tried to chop up people he hated with a machete? Or maybe this was a logical reaction on his part to Israels settlements!

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

You see 3 Twitter posts and lose it.

As opposed to seeing 2 posts in a CU thread and losing it?

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Ah yes the concealed carry crowd here to save us with 8 hours of training and an addiction to crime dramas.

Sassy.

El Diablo Einstein
    Participant

They are nice and busy today with a buffet and a big heated tent outside and they opened the next door for people to eat in. Lot’s and lots of traffic and as Hany said “we are here and we are going to be here, and that son of a bitch is dead” (paraphrased)

Cbussmallbiz
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Cbussmallbiz wrote:</div>
    You see 3 Twitter posts and lose it.

As opposed to seeing 2 posts in a CU thread and losing it?

So that was losing it? Huh.

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

It certainly seemed like a more intense level of rhetoric than in the two posts you were replying to. I figured if those posts constituted “losing it” (from your point of view) then…

Cbussmallbiz
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Cbussmallbiz wrote:</div>

It certainly seemed like a more intense level of rhetoric than in the two posts you were replying to. I figured if those posts constituted “losing it” (from your point of view) then…

We have a violent extremist attack with machete where attacker asks to verify owner is from Israel. It doesn’t matter if the gun nut comments had been in all caps. It’s weird that’s the take away that matters to you. The response to a terrorist anti-semantic (I know guys Christian ) attack is to bitch about gun owners legally conceal carrying?

OneBagTravel
    Participant

It’s weird that’s the take away that matters to you.

Well if the attacker was white, Chris would be bringing up race and racism. I’ll take conceal carry over that.

I plan on stopping in for lunch tomorrow or Thursday. Their location isn’t really on my radar but I’ll be passing through the area.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

It’s “anti-semitic” – your post is anti-semantic.

Josh_W
    Josh_W
    Participant

your post is anti-semantic.

My latte is really burning my sinuses right now.

Cbussmallbiz
    Participant

I will try to proof read auto correct mucho dillengent. I think you know what I meant, but that’s fine be the teacher, talk me down. Thank goodness for the red pen crowd.

Cbussmallbiz
    Participant

It’s “anti-semitic” – your post is anti-semantic.

So you don’t find logic in my point? Ok glad I don’t know you or have to have you involved in any way in my life.

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

It doesn’t matter if the gun nut comments had been in all caps. It’s weird that’s the take away that matters to you.

I just found it ironic that your response to what you thought was an overreaction to “3 posts on twitter” and a derail of this thread was to further derail it by overreacting to 2 (very mild) posts here.

However, I guess I’ve just further derailed the thread and overreacted to 1 post, so I guess we’re all in the same boat. I hereby apologize for supporting the hijack of this topic.

Well if the attacker was white, Chris would be bringing up race and racism.

You guys (by which I mean you and Cbussmallbiz) are really eager to inject race into everything, aren’t you?

Cbussmallbiz
    Participant

Race is involved in that this moron wanted an Israeli target. I After reflecting on why in the hell guns and ccw even comes up I realized that it is a logical reaction based on fear. Fear that more people would begin to think that arming themselves is in fact a logical and legal thing to do. Here’s an idea for where this thread should go vs being derailed…. Countering violent extremism. CVE. It will sadly become something we hear more and more about.

Cbussmallbiz
    Participant

Race is involved in that this moron wanted an Israeli target. I After reflecting on why in the hell guns and ccw even comes up I realized that it is a logical reaction based on fear. Fear that more people would begin to think that arming themselves is in fact a logical and legal thing to do. Here’s an idea for where this thread should go vs being derailed…. Countering violent extremism. CVE. It will sadly become something we hear more and more about.

Oops I have typos make sure you dont consider what I’m thinking.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 112 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below:

Support Journalism. Drink Coffee!

We’ve partnered with our friends at Stauf’s to bring you this limited-edition coffee blend celebrating 20 years of CU! Every purchase supports our mission of serving the community award-winning local journalism!

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE