Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Machete attack at Nazareth on Hamilton Rd

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Machete attack at Nazareth on Hamilton Rd

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 112 total)
  • Author

El Diablo Einstein
    Participant

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2016/02/11/columbus-ohio-man-stabs-multiple-people-with-machette-in-northeast-columbus.html

I don’t know or care what this guys beef was what is done is done and he paid for it. No names released on the injured.

I know our family will be in line to eat there when they reopen to show our support for the fine people there.

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

I know our family will be in line to eat there when they reopen to show our support for the fine people there.

We’ll see you in line.

Here’s hoping that all that were injured are able to make a full recovery, and that Nazareth does, as well.

El Diablo Einstein
    Participant

My neighbors daughter works there but she said she wasn’t there last night. They are close to expanding the place into the space next door. I hope this doesn’t slow them down

drew
    Participant

More coverage from CBS News here.

Haven’t been to Nazareth since they moved to the new location, but I’ll be sure to go now. Curious to know if the owner (Hani, I believe), was among the injured.

El Diablo Einstein
    Participant

He wasn’t there when it happened.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

I also plan to fund this buy eating some delicious gyros :D

Apparently this guy was on the FBI Radar like 4 years ago…and then they just stopped keeping track of him.

scarletandgrey
    Participant

This has caused some ‘interesting’ comments on most social media about Muslims and Somalis. I won’t repeat here.

ohbr
    Participant

Yeah. Once this makes its way to more national news, I won’t be surprise if all of a sudden this becomes a GOP candidate(s)’ talking point.

I am particularly frustrated about the comments about FBI and administration dropping the ball like when it comes to a Muslim committing a crime, we’re supposed to magically be able to predict it or we’ve failed on the terrorism front but meanwhile, when anyone else attacks people, it’s all about how no one could have predicted it. :eye roll:

I will say, the owner seems very resilient and has a good demeanor about the situation which is good to see.

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

More coverage from CBS News here.

Haven’t been to Nazareth since they moved to the new location, but I’ll be sure to go now. Curious to know if the owner (Hani, I believe), was among the injured.

Me either, they moved too far out. I’ve almost stopped by there a couple times when I was on that side of town but haven’t quite made it yet.

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

Apparently this guy was on the FBI Radar like 4 years ago…and then they just stopped keeping track of him.

I didn’t see his name in the story. Watch lists are pretty meaningless, there are thousands and thousands of people on them and there’s no way to watch everyone. They mostly trigger when another incident comes up.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Coremodels wrote:</div>

I didn’t see his name in the story. Watch lists are pretty meaningless, there are thousands and thousands of people on them and there’s no way to watch everyone. They mostly trigger when another incident comes up.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ohio-machete-attacker-acted-his-own-police-say-n517716

El Diablo Einstein
    Participant
    Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

Thanks, I was wondering whether they’d reopened, yet. I’m planning to grab a bite. A friend of mine suggested I wait because “there will probably be a bunch of gun toters there lookin’ for action” but I somehow doubt that will be a problem.

El Diablo Einstein
    Participant

Ah yes the concealed carry crowd here to save us with 8 hours of training and an addiction to crime dramas.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 112 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below:

Support Journalism. Drink Coffee!

We’ve partnered with our friends at Stauf’s to bring you this limited-edition coffee blend celebrating 20 years of CU! Every purchase supports our mission of serving the community award-winning local journalism!

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE