Our City Online

Messageboard - Live Music Events

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Lydia Loveless-Ft Shame-WashingtonBeachBums at AceOfCups 6/27/13

Home Forums Events Live Music Events Lydia Loveless-Ft Shame-WashingtonBeachBums at AceOfCups 6/27/13

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

blammo
    Participant

Hey everyone! I just wanted to invite the gang (that’s you) to this show at Ace of Cups on Comfest Eve.

It’ll be the first Lydia Loveless show in Columbus in 6 or so months, and since then we have toured the east coast, Sweden, toured down to SXSW and back, and spent a month in Canada touring with the Supersuckers.

What does this mean for you? Well, all this time on the road has refined our face-rocking removal abilities down to a science. Also, we are finishing a new album this week, and have a bunch of new material we are excited to play. And finally, we miss playing a hometown show, and want to have a giant drunken party with our friends, at our favorite bar. And you obviously took the next day off of work for Comfest, so you can stay out late & have a good time with us.

Ft Shame and Washington Beach Bums are also on the bill. I don’t know when the show starts, but earlier is always more fun. You’ll be standing in line for an hour for Ray Rays anyway, so you might as well knock that out first.

Here’s the Facebook event thing, if that’s your scene. See you there!

https://www.facebook.com/events/186850794807899

mbeaumont
    Participant

Awesome! Any idea on when the new album will drop?

blammo
    Participant

Well, thanks to the required (by the label) 6 months of lead time for promotion, we’re looking at late fall 2013 or early 2014. Kinda frustrating to sit on a new album that long, but they want us to tour the shit out of the world once it comes out, so we’re lining that up as well.

We’re going to hit Sweden & Spain this fall though, and might release an EP first to sell/promote the tour. More on that later.

Thanks for your interest!

blammo
    Participant

This show is tomorrow! Likely we are going to play our entire new (and unreleleased) album from start to finish, so that’ll be fun if you’re into that sort of thing. See you there!

As a bonus, here’s a video of Lydia singing “Pretty Fucked Up” with the Supersuckers in Toronto during the recent NXNE festival. It is pretty festive from start to finish. Enjoy!

lifeliberty
    Participant

WOOT! been looking fwd to this since the FB post. cept i probably should be at work Friday so if you could wrangle up some set times that would be fab! In fact, it would be cool as hell if you did an early show, like go on first (ok, being selfish here, but probably not alone.) LL at sunset into darkness would rock. Ben, make it happen! see you there!

blammo
    Participant

Well it sure would be cool if you could make it out! I advise you take a nap when you get home from work tomorrow, because we are definitely going on last of the three bands, maybe around midnight or so. Sometimes you gotta sacrifice sleep in the name of rock & roll.

lifeliberty
    Participant

at least you tried! ;-)
    work might have to suffer the morning loss of me Friday, a worthy sacrifice indeed…

News
    Participant

Preview: Lydia Loveless tonight at Ace of Cups
    Published on June 27, 2013 12:30 pm
    By: Briana Henry

Start your weekend a little early with Comfest alum and favorite, Lydia Loveless. It’s been awhile since we’ve caught up with Lydia, and since there’s a hometown show tonight, it was perfect timing. I sent some questions to Lydia last night and woke up with answers of running away from exes (I thought I was the only one!), weed, and rock n roll.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/preview-lydia-loveless-tonight-at-ace-of-cups-bh1

blammo
    Participant

Last bump!
    *SNIIIIFFFF*

see you tonight!

bastardsuperstar
    Participant

so, SO, SOOOOOO FUCKING GOOD.
    despite missing the first four or five songs, because somehow I of all people STILL haven’t learned to never trust a bass player when it comes to time . . .

blammo said:
    last of the three bands, maybe around midnight or so.

(good god you guys sounded brilliant. new drummer really fits perfect)

bastardsuperstar
    Participant

and seriously, I’m gonna have that cover of “they don’t know” stuck in my head all comfest long . . .

groundrules
    Participant

bastardsuperstar said:
    and seriously, I’m gonna have that cover of “they don’t know” stuck in my head all comfest long . . .

That show was so good i’m not even gonna bother with comfest. /half serious.

lifeliberty
    Participant

Great night. we too arrived a bit later in the set, but I’d rather arrive when you are playing than having to wait around for you. And you played late enough that we had to leave before you ended. Seriously, best band/ best bar combo! Wanted to ask about the vinyl album but no one manning the booth. Next time.. Great show guys!

blammo
    Participant

Thanks for coming out everyone! We had a blast at our debut at one of our favorite music bars in town. Sorry about the confusion about start times; I found out the day of the show it was going to be way earlier than I thought.

Also, I’m the merch guy/bass player, so we can’t really sell anything until we’re off the stage. Check out lydialoveless.com though if you still want to by some vinyl. I’m doing inventory right now and we still have 10 or so copies left!

See you everyone again in maybe the fall!

-Ben

lifeliberty
    Participant

if you’re still at ace of cups on 9/6 (at least that’s what it says on my calendar) I’ll find you, thanks! (sorry for the late response)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The forum ‘Live Music Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: