Our City Online

Messageboard - Music

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Lydia Loveless Gets National Press!

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Music Lydia Loveless Gets National Press!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

blammo
    Participant

Hey, we just got a review & song posted on MTV Hive. Not that anyone goes there…but that’s why I’m telling you about it. LOL

http://read.mtvhive.com/2011/09/01/song-lydia-loveless-jesus-was-a-wino/

We also got a great review in the latest issue of Spin, AND today the new album is available for pre-release. Act now and get a free comic strip penned by myself illustrating the “Origin of Lydia Loveless”

http://bloodshotrecords.com/album/indestructible-machine

Finally we have a big ol’ tour coming up, & a Columbus date at the Rumba Cafe on September 30. Hope to see you out there, thanks everyone for the well-wishes, we appreciate it.

Ben

lifeliberty
    Participant

Thanks for the info. Supported!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Nice! Congrats on the press! :D

DavidF
    Participant

She’s only 21? I swear I met her briefly after her set at Comfest like 4 years ago.

Anywho, she was awesome back then, and from what I’ve heard of this album, she’s even more awesome now.

patient_zero
    Participant

That’s awesome! And your tour city list looks like an eclectic mix. I think you’ll have really receptive crowds in Omaha and Lincoln, and Fort Collins is a fun college town with some great microbreweries, including the eco-friendly New Belgium Brewing Company. Don’t leave without at least a few cases of beer, Ben!

Lydia Loveless tour dates:
    http://bloodshotrecords.com/events/artist/5063

michaelcoyote
    Participant

Everyone compares Lydia to Neko Case, but I think this is a better comparison:

blammo
    Participant

DavidF – Well…actually she turns 21 this Sunday. But don’t tell any of the bars we frequent!

Patient_zero – We are looking forward to that first string of opening dates on the tour, they’re all cities we’ve never played before, & as openers, we hope it’ll be a good introduction to a different crowd. And don’t worry, I never travel without a case of beer! I doubt it’ll make it home though…

Michael – You know it. :) Girl has every line of the movie “Coal Miner’s Daughter” memorized.

Thanks everyone! Sorry I haven’t hung out with everyone much but we have been colossally busy, & now that Lyd is gonna be all 21 & stuff, we hope to hit up some of these happy hour meetups again.

jarsloth
    jarsloth
    Participant

I think it’s great you all got signed by Bloodshot; amazing label with good national distribution for you; congrats!

drew
    Participant

All of this is cool as hell. So glad you guys are getting the recognition you deserve!

blammo
    Participant

Thanks everyone, we really appreciate the support. Our new album comes out September 13, & hopefully we sell enough copies to afford to pay off all the radio stations to play the record!
    (hahaha…sort of)

Here’s our Spin review:
    http://www.spin.com/reviews/lydia-loveless-indestructible-machine-bloodshot

I’ll quit spamming everyone eventually, so thanks in advance for your patience.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

This is too cool BL, congrats in a big way to both of you. LOVE LOVE LOVE the tune on the MTV site, and I’d never even heard LL or you before.

blammo
    Participant

Thanks for the kind words everyone. We are leaving for tour tomorrow and are all frantic-y right now. Hope to see everyone/some of you/someone at our “homecoming” show at the Rumba September 30.

In parting, here’s a little video-ish thing documenting a photo shoot Lydia had with the Ely Brothers. Great guys and they are super talented.

Thanks!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

More love for Lydia Loveless!

———-

Lydia Loveless: Defiance on the farm
    November 22, 2011|Greg Kot | Music critic

Lydia Loveless does a lot of venting on her second album and debut for Chicago-based Bloodshot Records, “Indestructible Machine.” Growing up in rural Ohio outside Coshocton, population 11,000, Loveless says feeling like an outcast was inspiring in a perverse kind of way. “One good thing about not having a lot of friends,” she says with a laugh, “it gave me plenty of time to write songs.”

READ MORE: http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-11-22/entertainment/chi-lydia-loveless-profile-lydia-loveless-interviewed-20111122_1_punk-rock-songs-album

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Best Local Band of 2011: Lydia Loveless

Best Local Band of 2011: Lydia Loveless

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

[i]Country-punk queen Lydia Loveless is quite possibly the single best artist we saw at SXSW this year, and we’re thrilled to present her installment of Stripped Down by the River, our exclusive video series of intimate, outdoor performances just outside Austin’s calamity. Here she is doing “Back on the Bottle” – the stand-up bass is a first for us. We love her. We hope you do, too.

[/i]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘Music’ is closed to new topics and replies.

KEEP LOCAL JOURNALISM HEALTHY.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE