Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Los Potosinos in the KLD

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Los Potosinos in the KLD

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
  • Author

FoodFort
    Participant

With a new home, it seemed like time for a new thread for Los Potosinos.

Wishing Lidia great success in the KLD and thanks to the many people in the community who helped her make this happen.

Lidia and her family have had a lot of struggles, especially $ over the last six months so they can really use the support.

Serving at the corner of Garfield and Long Street (791 E Long St) in the KLD

The hours at the truck will be 11am to 8pm and the truck will be closed on Wednesday.

There may be changes to the hours after a few weeks.

Go see them tonight and for Cinco de Mayo.

I think this is brought up in the KLD thread.

Lidia will have the ‘Pollo Al Carbon’ out tomorrow!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Huzzah!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Got some tacos, burrito and quesadilla for dinner!

Walker said:
    Got some tacos, burrito and quesadilla for dinner!

Good lord, that looks tasty.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

And only $1.50 each. ;)

Walker said:
    And only $1.50 each. ;)

Fantastic!

mbeaumont
    Participant

Stopped by tonight for a pastor burrito and some beans! It was great to see Lidia. Pollo al Carbon tomorrow!

Really hope this location works out for them. Much easier than driving out to the west side! If you’ve never been, do try and pay them a visit. Their pollo al carbon is life-changing chicken. I kid you not!!

mrpoppinzs

Seems like a decent location with CCAD and CSCC students nearby. Are those bridges still open to pedestrians?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Long Street is open to both pedestrians and east-bound auto traffic.

Spring Street is completely closed for six month to pedestrians and cars.

dirtgirl
    Participant

Is there anywhere to sit? Either tables/chairs or a park nearby?

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

Yes there is plenty of parking on the side streets, we parked on Garfield probably less than 50 steps away.
    And they do have a small assortment of chairs, 4 I think…
    We stopped by yesterday afternoon and I tell you what :-) this is gonna be a good summer because this eastsider doesn’t have to go all the way to the west side to get my taco fix!
    They had the polla al carbon yesterday and Mike, you were so so right, it is life changing. I don’t know what they marinate that chicken is but it is sinfully good. Addictive even.
    Stop by and support these guys I want them to stay right where they are.

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

There are a few benches at Zanzibar too which is just across from the Lincoln Theatre. And there is a little nice grassy area there if you wanted to bring a blanket.

lilbit
    Participant

You can also walk up to Mayme Moore park next to the King Arts Complex – it’s only a block away.

dirtgirl said:
    Is there anywhere to sit? Either tables/chairs or a park nearby?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below:

Support Journalism. Drink Coffee!

We’ve partnered with our friends at Stauf’s to bring you this limited-edition coffee blend celebrating 20 years of CU! Every purchase supports our mission of serving the community award-winning local journalism!

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE