Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Loose Goose Tavern & Grill

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Loose Goose Tavern & Grill

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author

ricospaz
    Participant

I’ve actually been there twice since they soft-opened Dec 30th. Very big space, very good happy hour prices (M-F 4-9 $1 domestic bottles). Lots of tvs, a cheesy VIP room, and honestly a terrible beer with their name on it. Tastes like watered-down Bud Light if such a thing can happen. Staff was friendly, bar was nice, tables are like picnic tables. Looks like they have live music or a DJ too but I didn’t stay long the two nights I was there. The patio looks big, will have a great view of the 670 to GV ramps. haha. I’ll be back. Not the easiest to find, my friends had to turn around because they missed it. I’m sure signs are coming though.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

The place looks pretty busy!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Walker said:
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.266608246739567.66072.215503138516745&type=1

Heh, Spring Break comes to Grandview Ave. I guess Barley’s Smokehouse is going to have to find a more creative way to serve beer…

catnfiddle
    Participant

I’m imagining the Barley’s waitstaff balancing growlers on their heads.

mrpoppinzs

From what I have been told it will be a lot like Flannagan’s at Sawmill and 270. Not really my cup o’ tea but it will probably do well with the recent grads at Watermark and soon the Yard.

There is a very ambitious Grandview police force that works that area at night so mind your P’s and Q’s. I had a burned out taillight last week and the officer said he just gives tickets not warnings. This was a topic of conversation the other day and I guess getting pulled over for any little thing is very, very common.

mrpoppinzs

Just hoping the stray cats in the area don’t start using the sand volleyball courts as a litterbox as they did at my fraternity house.

looks like it’s getting pretty loose over at the goose already. this place should be absolute chaos when the volleyball courts are put in. Hopefully the patio area will be nice too. It does have a strip-mall feel that probably won’t resonate too well with the general hipster-indy vibe of CU though. Other than the outdoor activities, not sure what else it truly offers to differentiate itself.

cbus11

Last night a few people were talking about going to this place while drinking at the James. I am glad I found this post. I was 22 once, but can’t imagine being a couple of years older and hitting this place. I imagine they have plenty of ads in U-Weekly.

placebohigh
    Participant

cbus11 said:
    Last night a few people were talking about going to this place while drinking at the James. I am glad I found this post. I was 22 once, but can’t imagine being a couple of years older and hitting this place. I imagine they have plenty of ads in U-Weekly.

Oh c’mon! Let’s get our Jagermeister on! lol

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Bro.

patient_zero
    Participant

I’m not 22 either, but I would drink tequila off that Loose Goose belly. :]

DavidF
    Participant

patient_zero said:

+1

mrpoppinzs

That’s somebody’s daughter… ;)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

patient_zero said:

But how many other dudes’ mouths/tongues were there first on any given night?

:O

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: