Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Loose Goose Tavern & Grill

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Loose Goose Tavern & Grill

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    derm
    derm
    Participant

At the corner of Grandview and 670 they put up some small buildings and a gas station. The station is a Sunoco and is open now, in what I think should be a decent location for it, but I could not for the life of me see what they saw in the second building behind it. Saw a sign today for Loose Goose, bar maybe? Anyone familiar. Did I miss thre thread for this? IS City of CBus so they can get a liquor permit. On a different note that was the dump site for the excavation for North Bank park prior to that and I got many nice stones I used to build patios in my yard in years back.

Analogue Kid
    Participant

Just drove by it about an hour ago. Looks like the lights are on but nobody’s home so I guess it’s not open. Dunno much about it.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Just noticed that this development was nearly finished when we drove by a couple of days ago (gas station wasn’t open at that point).

Will look into the businesses going in there. I agree that it seems like a weird location tucked away back there.

Twixlen
    Participant

That is a weird corner. Every time I’m at that light, I think of the time I took my bike on the path from that place on 33, not knowing where the path went, and having it end up right there.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Details!

[i]The Loose Goose: Coming soon to Grandview! Sand volleyball, music, great food, fun atmosphere, great drinks, and sports on every TV![/i]

https://twitter.com/GetToTheGoose

http://www.facebook.com/grandviewgoose

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Same Planet, Different Worlds: I recently brought someone from the smallmouth bass fishing alliance to a Greenways meeting, to press for consideration of boating access. They used to be able to back a boat and trailer to the water there at Grandview until the bike path was recently changed. They hope to have an access point developed off the edge of the commercial strip, but there are questions about whose land it is.

patient_zero
    Participant

Look at the tongue on that silly goose! Agghh!

Their solid maple bar top is striking. I would like to have some beers there. Curious about their menu. I see a pizza oven and some major kitchen pieces going into their grill space.

futureman
    Participant

Loose Goose Tavern taking up residence at site on Grandview Ave.
    Premium content from Business First by Dan Eaton, Staff reporter
    Date: Friday, December 23, 2011, 6:00am EST

Add the Loose Goose Tavern & Grill to the menagerie of Central Ohio restaurant-bars bearing names rooted in the wildlife kingdom.

(…)

The first phase will take up more than half the 8,400-square-foot building. The second phase could open by February. The third stage of the project will be a 190-guest patio, outdoor stage, and bocce ball and volleyball courts. The space will have a VIP area dubbed the Goose Nest with carpeting, leather couches, a kegerator and three televisions equipped with DirecTV and Xbox.

“It’s like a living room,” Zonker said.

The inclusion of volleyball as an attraction is fitting. The first proposed redevelopment of the site, in 2007, was as a second Flannagan’s, a popular Sawmill Road nightspot with sand volleyball courts. It then was tabbed as a potential expansion for the Wine Guy Wine Bar Wine Shop and Bistro.

READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/print-edition/2011/12/23/loose-goose-tavern-taking-up-residence.html?page=2

leftovers

Was thinking this is a bit hidden away, but I guess it is near all the apartments at Watermark and the new apartments being built at the Grandview Yard and on Goodale just past the Yard.

It sounds like they are really gunning for the early twenty something market.

byJody
    Participant

The Loose Goose is right next to trailhead for the new Ohio to Erie trail. So when the Camp Chase section to the West and the Grandview to downtown section are done, people can bike from Cincinnati or Cleveland and stop at the Loose Goose for entertainment.

The map (below) does not show the Grandview section yet because it has key missing sections, but the actual path to the trailhead is in and was recently paved in front of the Sunoco.

current map http://www.ohiotoerietrail.org/Maps.aspx

tdillon

Just wondering if anyone has actually stopped in since this place is now open? What are your thoughts?

catnfiddle
    Participant

Can someone take a picture of the outside so I can look for it? I swear I’ve been at that intersection a thousand times and cannot find the sign for it.

tolemac5050
    Participant

catnfiddle said:
    Can someone take a picture of the outside so I can look for it? I swear I’ve been at that intersection a thousand times and cannot find the sign for it.

Great view from 670 W right before the Grandview exit—brown building with lots of small windows on the top of the building with goose neck lights ..there is a gas station out front. (Building is pretty new build). This is on Grandview if traveling west, as you cross Dublin Road on the left, before you get to the 670 ramps. Hope I explained that correctly

tdillon

Also earlier in the thread there is a link to Facebook that has some photos of the exterior.

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: