Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Looking for China Market Pad Thai -- North Market

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Looking for China Market Pad Thai — North Market

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Corngluten
    Participant

China Market in the North Market closed last summer. That place had the best Pad Thai in town by far. They’ve had a cult following for many years dating back to when they were the Samarai in the Ohio Center. Does anyone know if they’ve resurfaced anywhere? I’ve been hankering for a T1 fix for a long time. Thought maybe the collective wisdom of this group could track them down. Thanks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

My understanding (and a little quick googlizing)
    http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2009/07/22/FOODPROBS.ART_ART_07-22-09_B3_L6EHV3H.html
    was that they refused to cooperate with the health department. They always had a line at lunchtime though…
    It would be too easy to say something snarky here. Maybe somebody else should.

cyclist II
    Participant

I think the main health department complaint was the old man with the hairy wart. He was caught a few times peeing in a Mt. Dew bottle on the line. He wouldn’t leave to use the bathroom. That’s the word on the street.

I liked their food too.

Roland
    Participant

I heard the guy was caught peeing into the sink!

Corngluten
    Participant

If I’m correct in my history, these folks started at the Ohio Center, then moved to a store front across from the State House on High Street, then moved to a place on Shrock Road, then last to the North Market. I figure they have to resurface somewhere. I don’t really care if the mole hair provided seasoning to my food. It was good…and addicting. I’d like to put out an APB (All Pad Bulletin) to the readers of this group. Find T1. They are out there someplace!

Corngluten
    Participant

I’m still looking for T1. Has anyone located the folks who ran the China Market in the North Market? They’ve got to be out there somewhere slingin’ the Pad Thai.

Corngluten
    Participant

It has been two long years since our Pad Thai friends at North Market were shuttered. Anyone know if they have resurfaced anywhere around town? Sure do miss my T1 fix…Where are you China Market???

mbeaumont
    Participant

I think I remember reading at the time that they moved back to China. Not sure though.

Elle.E
    Participant

Does anyone remember where China Market was located in the North Market? I was just reminiscing about it and BF did not remember it at all…and I can’t remember where it was in the market. I was laughing about how sketchy it was, but the pad Thai was good.

OSURob
    Participant

China Market was located where Pastaria currently is. They had great pad thai, but that lady was mean! I recommend the pad thai at Nida’s in the North Market, or Lee’s Kitchen if you are more central downtown.

goldenidea
    Participant

I’m pretty certain that the couple that ran China Market retired after they closed at the North Market. I don’t think they are operating in Columbus anymore.

Elle.E
    Participant

Thanks! She was mean…it was also hilarious that it didn’t matter what spiciness level you ordered, you basically got what was leftover in the wok so you just never knew what you were gonna end up with :) Good times.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: