Our City Online

Messageboard - Classifieds

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Looking For Bubble Wrap to help Insulate Leaky Windows

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Classifieds Looking For Bubble Wrap to help Insulate Leaky Windows

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

dogfart said:
    are you that chick from extreme cheapskates

If you don’t have information on what this person is looking for, there’s really no reason to just post to make fun of them.

Thanks.

kamoysi
    Participant

Wannabee , I have 18 total windows all leak. The bubble wrap helps with the r factor on glass. I know there has to be persons connected with Columbus organizations that are disposing of bubble wrap and not recycling. 3 college students moving in to my rental and trying to weatherize their unit for heating bill savings. If anyone has a infrared gun that shows leakage I would be interested in hiring their services.

ricospaz
    Participant

Replace the windows so they don’t freeze to death

joev
    Participant

kamoysi said:
    Wannabee , I have 18 total windows all leak. The bubble wrap helps with the r factor on glass. I know there has to be persons connected with Columbus organizations that are disposing of bubble wrap and not recycling. 3 college students moving in to my rental and trying to weatherize their unit for heating bill savings. If anyone has a infrared gun that shows leakage I would be interested in hiring their services.

Did you think of maybe buying some bubble wrap?

Graybeak
    Participant

Or maybe some of those fancy shrink wrap type window insulating sheets.

kamoysi
    Participant

Wow, Didn’t have any idea recycling bubble wrap would be such a big thing. Just wanted to do what was right for environment and recycle. I know that there has to be businesses that are throwing away their materials. I just rented the place out so I was just trying to help the girls out with lowering their utility bills.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Graybeak
    Participant

I would think one problem, especially with recycled bubble wrap, is the size of the sheets. While I suppose duct taping the pieces together is possible, it seems that would eliminate the “window” aspect of the window.
    But that is just me.

joev
    Participant

Not to mention, if earth-friendliness is the goal, maybe you should consider the energy leaking out of the crummy windows while you’re searching for the perfect bubble wrap.

ricospaz
    Participant

Hire someone with an infrared gun or just pay $25 for a big box of bubble wrap at officemax or staples? or go to those businesses and ask them for bubble wrap.

kamoysi
    Participant

I was feeling like I never should of started this thread , but after watching the video on Bubble wrap I’ll never think about bubble wrap the same way. Great Video. Made my day. I could give up and just buy the stuff but it’s much more fun to be on the hunt.

lifeliberty
    Participant

kamoysi
    Participant

Thanks all for the links on energy saving services. Got a tip from my niece who worked at TJMAXX. She said they throw out their packing bubble wrap to give them a call and they would probably save me a box or 2.

ToddAnders
    Blocked

I love people like this; “I want to help the environment and recycle plastic bubbles that were made from petroleum”

Uh, ok…If you really want to help both your tenants and the environment, have TONS of insulation in your walls and attic, double pane windows, a tankless water heater and high efficiency furnace.

“But wait, I don’t like that answer, it COSTS money.”

Uh, yea.

Patch
    Participant

ToddAnders said:
    I love people like this; “I want to help the environment and recycle plastic bubbles that were made from petroleum”

Uh, ok…If you really want to help both your tenants and the environment, have TONS of insulation in your walls and attic, double pane windows, a tankless water heater and high efficiency furnace.

“But wait, I don’t like that answer, it COSTS money.”

Uh, yea.

Wouldn’t it be better for the environment not to throw out all of the existing walls/windows/water heaters/furnace and have to go through the wasted energy creating new ones and throwing out ones that work?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)

The forum ‘Classifieds’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION