Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Long Street Café Brioso

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Long Street Café Brioso

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

SteveKZ087
    Participant

Congrats to Brioso on the launch of their 329 E Long Street location at 7:00 this morning! If you haven’t seen the new space, go check it out. Very, very cool spot. It’s going to be a major asset for Neighborhood Launch, CSCC, and CCAD.

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

Hooray! And welcome to the (immediate) neighborhood :)

News
    Participant

Brioso Coffee Opens on Long Street
    January 4, 2016 12:21 pm – Walker Evans

Two years ago, the owners of Cafe Brioso on Gay Street announced plans to open a new roasting-facility-slash-coffee-bar location on East Long Street in a building that formerly housed the Faith Mission homeless shelter. After several delays, the new operation is officially open as of 7am this morning.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/brioso-coffee

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

Swung by yesterday. The space is terrific and the coffee as delicious as usual.

I did ask which tenant would be going in next door, and they said it would be a Jimmy John’s.

CB_downtowner
    Participant

Swung by yesterday. The space is terrific and the coffee as delicious as usual.

I did ask which tenant would be going in next door, and they said it would be a Jimmy John’s.

Wow, awesome! Considering all the nearby offices and campuses nearby, it amazes me that it’s taken so long for fast casual restaurants to start popping up. That Jimmy John’s will do very, very well.

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

Very much agreed. That’ll bring a lot of foot traffic to the neighborhood.

The gentleman from Brioso with whom I spoke was so infectiously excited about what they’ll be able to do with this new space. He was talking about food trucks in the parking lot next door, and the great stuff they’ll be able to do with coffee, and all the new friends they’ll make as they expand–just wonderful stuff. So happy for this team.

SteveKZ087
    Participant

I may single-handedly keep that Jimmy Johns in business. I haven’t had such a viscerally hype reaction to a new restaurant opening downtown in ages. Not sure what that says about me… but man, that’s exciting. xD

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

So is this a separate location than the Gay St. spot, or did they just move?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

So is this a separate location than the Gay St. spot, or did they just move?

Separate.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: