Our City Online

Messageboard - Transportation

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Long Street Bridge Demolition & Reconstruction

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Transportation Long Street Bridge Demolition & Reconstruction

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • Author

substance
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>substance wrote:</div>

Walker Evans wrote:</div>

;substance wrote:
    What is a park cap? Does it exist in other places? I just can’t see anyone wanting to hang out in a park which is over a loud, polluting highway.

A massive concrete slab as a floor can do a pretty good job blocking noise and exhaust.

I like the Dallas version referred to by geoyui, because people are not near to the edge of the bridge overlooking the highway.

In the Long street picture, it appears that users of the park will be very close to the edge of the bridge which would allow noise and exhaust to rise into the park.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Didn’t I see that Long will be closed for most of the coming week?

The sign out there says 24th-28th.

rus
    rus
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>rus wrote:</div>
    Didn’t I see that Long will be closed for most of the coming week?

The sign out there says 24th-28th.

Thought it was something like that. Thanks.

News
    Participant

Via Email:

Bridge or Garden Wall?

Actually a little bit of both on the Long Street Bridge. A series of decorative trellises are being installed to accent the cultural wall.

This trellis is being installed on the south side of the Long Street Bridge. The cultural wall artwork will be installed later and will cover the white panels seen here.

heresthecasey
    Participant

Broken image link?

rus
    rus
    Participant

Broken image link?

In the previous post? I see an image there. Perhaps your corporate proxy server is filtering out that site?

Rehosted:

heresthecasey
    Participant

Thanks, I can see both now. It was showing up before as the generic ‘CU logo box’ placeholder image.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Weird. Their newsletter seemed to be having some weird issues going on. Or maybe a Constant Contact image issue. Both are displaying ok for me.

Noticed that trees are being planted on the north side of the Long Street bridge today. Starting to look much nicer.

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

I miss Columbus so much! I look forward to your construction updates every month to keep up with what’s going on around the city.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Trees and decorative elements are being installed. Starting to look kinda nice. ;)

PHOTOS: https://www.columbusunderground.com/construction-roundup-april-2014-pt-2

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Ribbon-cutting event is coming up in a few weeks. More Photos from this weekend:

https://www.columbusunderground.com/construction-roundup-june-part-1

News
    Participant

News
    Participant

Long Street Cultural Wall Unveiled
    July 11, 2014 7:15 am – Walker Evans

The unveiling of the Long Street Cultural Wall yesterday evening signaled the completion of the first phase of ODOT’s Columbus Crossroads project, which will eventually untangle the 70/71 split when all phases are finished. Phase one began in September 2011, which included the rebuilding of the 670/71 interchange adjacent to Fort Hayes, as well as the demolition and reconstruction of the Spring Street and Long Street bridges over I-71 between Downtown Columbus and The Near East Side.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/long-street-cultural-wall-unveiled

News
    Participant

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)

The forum ‘Transportation’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: