Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Long John Silver at High & Thurman Closed - What Should Replace It

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Long John Silver at High & Thurman Closed – What Should Replace It

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Apartments or condos over retail space is not mixed use?

That’s one type, yes.

My point was that mixed-use does not always mean that you’ll live above a coffee shop or juice bar.

cadillackid
    Participant

is that where the jimmy johns is going? or is that going next to the white castle?

I vote for fixing that intersection and the one at whttier too.. ive almost been levelled as a pedestrian more than once…. at least one asshat driver did take it in the steering wheel with a terrible Mocha Latte i had gotten at an unnamed South high “coffee shop” just minutes before!

that corner is bad one though… location is terrible for getting in and out of so i cant imagine much of anyone wanting to locate there… even Star-Bux would have a tough time of making a go there… even though studies have been done saying that a drive through star-bux in that area is warranted..

-Christopher

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>ohbr wrote:</div>
    Apartments or condos over retail space is not mixed use?

That’s one type, yes.

My point was that mixed-use does not always mean that you’ll live above a coffee shop or juice bar.

In fact, technically the building on the southeast corner of Whittier and High is mixed use…and I don’t believe there is either a coffee shop or juice bar in that building.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below:

Support Journalism. Drink Coffee!

We’ve partnered with our friends at Stauf’s to bring you this limited-edition coffee blend celebrating 20 years of CU! Every purchase supports our mission of serving the community award-winning local journalism!

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE