Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Long John Silver at High & Thurman Closed - What Should Replace It

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Long John Silver at High & Thurman Closed – What Should Replace It

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Walker stole my joke.

Backup joke: Mixed use luxury condos.

Matthew
    Participant

That neighborhood needs a Church’s Chicken to go with the White Castle. It’d be a perfect feast for when the bars close, where folks could get all greased up for the following day spent on the toilet!

OSURob
    Participant

Piada! Will be the first location south of 70!

WJT
    Participant

Walker stole my joke.

Backup joke: Mixed use luxury condos.

Yes…luxury condos. High rise too-no stick built six story stuff.

Possible names..

-ThurmanRise
    -The Condominiums at Greenlawn’s End.
    -BerlinerVue
    -Pearlside on South High
    -ThurgreenePointe.

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

How about a fast/casual Thai and/or Vietnamese place?

Graybeak
    Participant

I think it would be great if they straighten out the intersection so Thurman and Greenlawn are a straight shot through.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I think it would be great if they straighten out the intersection so Thurman and Greenlawn are a straight shot through.

+1

Lots of accidents and near-misses in that intersection for cars, pedestrians and everyone else.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Graybeak wrote:</div>

+1

Lots of accidents and near-misses in that intersection for cars, pedestrians and everyone else.

Most of those are caused by the pinheads trying to turn south on High from Greenlawn despite the GIANT FUCKING SIGN SAYING “NO”.

BTW, Popeye’s Chicken would be most welcome.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Most of those are caused by the pinheads trying to turn south on High from Greenlawn despite the GIANT FUCKING SIGN SAYING “NO”.

Yeah, I’ve seen plenty of people doing that.

Which means that a re-engineered intersection that would allow for safe turns would probably be most welcome.

theadocj
    Participant

Amazing it took 3 posts to get to Mixed Use! Does anyone realize that not everyone in this city wants to live above a coffee shop or juice bar?

ohbr
    Participant

Amazing it took 3 posts to get to Mixed Use! Does anyone realize that not everyone in this city wants to live above a coffee shop or juice bar?

Which is why we mix it up with the occasional pizza shop or t-shirt store [sarcasm]

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

That’s not what mixed-use means.

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Thanks to this thread I’ll probably be getting Marino’s Fish n Chip tonight.

ohbr
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>theadocj wrote:</div>

Apartments or condos over retail space is not mixed use?

WJT
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Walker Evans wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>theadocj wrote:</div><br>

Apartments or condos over retail space is not mixed use?

Well I guess it could be retail beside apartments or condos, or ground floor office/parking with apartments/condos above that, or a hotel above ground floor retail with condos above that or in the case of people against living above coffee shops or juice bars, a single apartment on top of a fire station.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.